Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OOBs are a lot of fun.

2iu6rya.jpg

My only complaint is the fake bullet holes.. they look almost.. "Trashy"

cool minus the fake bullet holes, what does OOB stand for?

up.gif
dn.gif
out of bed
up.gif
dn.gif
Order of Battle
up.gif
dn.gif
Out of Band
up.gif
dn.gif
Out-Of-Band
up.gif
dn.gif
Open Order Book
dn.gif
Offensive Operations Branch
dn.gif
Operations Operating [COLOR=#20499E !important][FONT=verdana !important]Budget[/FONT][/COLOR]
dn.gif
Out Of [COLOR=#20499E !important][FONT=verdana !important]Bounds[/FONT][/COLOR]
dn.gif
Out Of Box
dn.gif
Out of breath
dn.gif
Out-of-Balance
dn.gif
off our backs

in my opinion get rid of the entire red background with bullet holes. Putting in a bland grey or even white background, I think, makes it more real to the online viewer...
but for a print...something else. Maybe a picture of you holding the frame that the gun is coming out of...

When making an OOB (Out of Box), the background can be anything at all. This started out as Focus Stacking on the gun. The camera was a couple centimeters in front of the barrel and everything is in sharp focus. The OOB came from that followed by the background.

up.gif
dn.gif
out of bed
up.gif
dn.gif
Order of Battle
up.gif
dn.gif
Out of Band
up.gif
dn.gif
Out-Of-Band
up.gif
dn.gif
Open Order Book
dn.gif
dn.gif
Operations Operating [COLOR=#20499E !important][FONT=verdana !important]Budget[/FONT][/COLOR]
dn.gif
dn.gif
Out Of Box
dn.gif
Out of breath
dn.gif
Out-of-Balance
dn.gif
off our backs

Someone got jokes i see.

:blushing:

up.gif
dn.gif
out of bed
up.gif
dn.gif
Order of Battle
up.gif
dn.gif
Out of Band
up.gif
dn.gif
Out-Of-Band
up.gif
dn.gif
Open Order Book
dn.gif
dn.gif
dn.gif
dn.gif
Out Of Box
dn.gif
Out of breath
dn.gif
Out-of-Balance
dn.gif
off our backs

Old Orchard Beach

Actually, if you google "OOB", it's the first thing that comes up. It may just be because of my geographic location however.

I hope this does not devolve into another "guns thread"! lol....anyway, I really like the foreshortening effect you got on the Walther autoloader, by way of focus stacking...a few years ago, a photo like that would have been impossible to do with a fixed-back camera, but thanks to the amazing capabilities of modern computers and software, focus stacking is one of the new frontiers of photography,where things that were formerly impossible are now...well,possible! Could you maybe describe the setup used and the software and photographic procedure used? Is this five or six frames? What focal length was used for the shots? etc,etc.

The gun is sitting on a ceramic tile. It wanted to tip over so I have the tile on an angle compensating for the overbalance. Eight shots taken at f6.3 and put through Helicon Focus. The pics must be put through HF closest in focus and moving back for it to work. Here are the 8 shots.

1zz48r7.jpg

How is this for anal retentive? I was threatened with being banned on another forum for posting this image. I was ordered to take the post down immediately because it was a photography forum and not a gun forum. I cant remember if anyone has been hurt in any way by viewing a picture of a gun. Are they really that dangerous? Im sure there are posts of more than cameras and flashes on the site. In fact, I remember seeing some nice looking cars there. But Im sure it was a photography site and not an auto site. Yup, anal retentive.

up.gif
dn.gif
out of bed
up.gif
dn.gif
Order of Battle
up.gif
dn.gif
Out of Band
up.gif
dn.gif
Out-Of-Band
up.gif
dn.gif
Open Order Book
dn.gif
dn.gif
Operations Operating [COLOR=#20499E !important][FONT=verdana ! important]Budget[/FONT][/COLOR]
dn.gif
Out Of [COLOR=#20499E !important][FONT=verdana ! important]Bounds[/FONT][/COLOR]
dn.gif
Out Of Box
dn.gif
Out of breath
dn.gif
Out-of-Balance
dn.gif
off our backs

You forgot "out of bullets"

That's pretty cool. Looks like it could be on the side of the box the gun might come in. (I'm assuming BB/Pellet gun.)

I hope this does not devolve into another "guns thread"! lol....
This one should be alright. You can tell from the seams that it's only a toy instrument of death. :lol: (Very good reproduction though.)
(BB gun, maybe?)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back