What's new

Haven't been able to get out since I got my new lenses for Christams...and I'm BORED!

timfrommass

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 20, 2009
Messages
182
Reaction score
1
"The Obsession"
4227864248_b24e7433ee_b.jpg


"The Word"
4227094661_a5c3b2202a_b.jpg


"The Learned Monkey"
4227094967_09466aeb31_b.jpg


-tim
 
Nothing too amazing here. DOF can be improved in 1 and especially in 3. Obviously you were bored. :lol:
 
That monkey is a bank right?? My grand parents use to bring me one of those back from hawaii eveey year haha.
 
heeey i got two of those books. good reads, very helpful.
 
Nothing too amazing here. DOF can be improved in 1 and especially in 3. Obviously you were bored. :lol:

Yes I was bored, that's why I said it in the title...

This was done out of frustration and boredom alone haha.... I don't have any descent backdrops in my house that's why I wanted such a narrow DOF in the first one....but just after I posted this I thought that I actually probably could have made a descent photo out of it if I had put my bag behind the books, gotten the books in focus and left the bag and everything behind it in the OOF area

In the last one I tried to get the monkey as the only thing IF... I think I succeeded? This was really just meant to be a joke shot

-tim
 
haha thats why i got them to.
 
That monkey is a bank right?? My grand parents use to bring me one of those back from hawaii eveey year haha.

Haha yeah it is. My buddy brought it back from Vegas for me a few years ago though actually

-tim
 
Obviously I was taking these because I was bored at 1AM...but the more I look at them I think I could make something out of the concept of the second one (the bible). Anyone have any ideas about how I could make a shot like that more interesting? What would be a better context for it, like maybe on a desk? Would a different angle give it a better look, how bout positioning?

-tim
 
Obviously I was taking these because I was bored at 1AM...but the more I look at them I think I could make something out of the concept of the second one (the bible). Anyone have any ideas about how I could make a shot like that more interesting? What would be a better context for it, like maybe on a desk? Would a different angle give it a better look, how bout positioning?

-tim

Not to be rude, but why don't you try the things you are asking about? It's your photography, it's your voice. What do you want to convey with the image. What do you find interesting about the subject? I could give you suggestions, and I am sure others will give you suggestions, but then it is not your idea. Ultimately, what will you learn?

Have you ever heard the saying "Give a man a fish..."?
 
I've always been a "hand fan" (amazing device). How about an elderly hand on the page? No nail polish or flashy jewelery. TB
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom