What's new

Having firing issues with Sb-900

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
536
Reaction score
85
Location
Bay Area, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I used it on camera last night with no problems but I went to use it today and it's not firing while on camera.

It fires if I hit the test button. It fires if I put it on remote and use the on camera flash as the master and it fires if I use the SU-800 as the master. But it doesn't fire if it's on camera as master or regular.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I should add that if I put my SB-600s on the camera they work fine.
 
Center contact seems fine by all outward appearances. Interestingly, the ready light still flashes after I trigger the shutter even though the flash doesn't fire.
 
And now, after a bunch of times of testing it on and off the camera, I just attached it again(after having just taken it off when it didn't work) and it works fine.

I wonder what the deal is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom