having issues on my wireless trigger and another question

stylish225

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I am kind of a newbie in lighting photography.

recently i bought a cheap wireless trigger MEIKE MK-RC10N.

my problem is, my speed lights (nikon sb-900, triopo tr-180n and godox ad 360 all) dont flash correctly when i trigger a signal through the MK-RC10N.

they flash but not correctly. underexposed every time. even though i set up the power of speed light to be full manually, it seems like only one third maybe less light is reflected in the photo taken with them. i dont understand why this is happening. of course i questioned this to the manufacturer and supplier but no one even tried to figure this out. that is why i am posting this here expecting maybe some of experts could help me out.

another question is about total power of synced speed lights. i assumed that the total power is same no matter which one is on or off camera if there are two speed lights. for example,

1) sb-900(on camera on hot shoe) + ad-360(off camera by light sync)
2) ad-360(on camera on hot shoe) + sb-900(off camera by light sync)

i guessed the both abovementioned should be same but it was turned out that my assumption is not correct when i found the outcome of the test. the second setting is way brighter than the first one.

i am wondering how my assumption is wrong and also if there is any possible way to get the identical exposure using two speed lights regardless of their position.

Post a couple of sample images with full EXIF data.

-Are you shooting at/below sync speed?
-Is the trigger a TTL-enabled trigger or a 'dumb' trigger?
-Is the amount of under-exposure always consistant and have you verified it by doing a guide-number calculation?

In order to determine flash exposure correctly, you need to either do a guide-number (GN) exposure calculation or have a flash meter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back