Having trouble deciding...

Thor06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. I have a horribly generic question to ask and I appologize for that. Before I get jumped I did run a search, but what I found was little help to me. Last time I really posted in here was asking about 35mm SLR's. Well, the plug got pulled on my car hobby so I will have some extra time and cash to do something fun. As a side note, I will be getting more into music, but I am going to go with a DSLR. I've been looking at Nikon and Canon cameras, but I opted to go with a Canon. (Enter newbie question) So which would should I get, the XT or the XTi? The camera will get a large array of uses... everything from sunsets to portraits to sports to products. I love taking nature-y shots so I will do that a bit. I would probably do some prom, wedding, and senior pictures for friends after I get the hang of it as well. Another thing the camera will be used quite a bit for is sports. I will definately be snapping some of my ultimate frisbee team and my old show choir but also some skateboarding shots. My buddy and a few of his friends have a small scale skate company and I talked to him about taking pictures of his products and his sponsored riders. So all that being said, would going with the XTi over the XT be money well spent, or should an XT suit me well? I should say I would rather do it once and do it right than have to switch it up, but if the XT is "doing it right" then I will just save a little green and be that much closer to some new lenses. Anyway, any advice appreciated! Thanks guys and gals.

Xt, lol

The XTi is really not worth the extra hundred dollars because the "advanced" features it has aren't all the advanced.

I would defintily go with an XT...

However, be aware that this camera may be too small for your hands so you might want to check into the Nikon D40 if you think the XT is going to be too small...

Ok, what do the rest of you think? Is that the pretty general feeling on them?

I held both at the camera shop a couple days ago and where I do have big hands, I didnt mind the XTi at all. Is the XT the same size?

x..t..i im a complete noob and every week i look at the pictures i took the week before and think "wow ive improved so much" i have yet to see the limits of this camera... only my limits

Most reactions

New Topics

Back