Hawk ID Cooper's Hawk?

Aaaaaand this morning when I was checking for the hawk I found a huge owl!!!

(But the camera was still set on a 2sec timer so I got a picture of the window frame lol)

Pictures or it didn't happen! ;)

Aaaaaand this morning when I was checking for the hawk I found a huge owl!!!

(But the camera was still set on a 2sec timer so I got a picture of the window frame lol)

Pictures or it didn't happen! ;)

cz34.gif

The great thing is that if he/she was there once you have a good chance of a reoccurrence. Lucky you!
A friend of mine told me he had owls everyday in his back yard. I was so excited. When I went up and took a look it turns out they are hawks watching a field. Oh well. :meh:

I sure hope so John! I love birds, all birds, even Turkey Vultures, but Owls... they are my personal Holy Grail.

Owls are my Holy Grail as well. Actually eagles are also special for me and I'm excited because I found an eagles nest in my town yesterday and yes I do have photo proof. Lol! I can't wait to get my camera and lens back. I sent the my big lens and d7k out to be married. No more focus issues! Yay!

Nice! I'm with you on the Eagles, I recently found out we have them in the area and a general location on them (woot!)
Looking forward to your shots when you get your gear back!

I was sure there was a larger flying predator around, yesterday morning I found some bunny fur and a single drop of blood near the feeders (observes a moment of silence for the bunny). After seeing this guy (was probably close to 18-20in tall) I'm thinking perhaps he is the culprit. We have heard the owls here at night but have never seen them till this morning.

Ok, now the Sharp Shinned is just teasing!
This time he landed in the bush beside the feeders, I snuck up on him as best I could but he knew.

Confirmed the straight tail... just before he flew away.

Ok little hawk IT'S ON!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back