Hawks FX style

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally started to get a little time back in my life so I have been finally making it back out. I picked up a D4 last month and finally got around to catching my 2 residents hawk. I think the D500 has much better AF and sharpness, but the overall IQ from the D4 is a little better. Of course once the Osprey return and I'm always focal length limited the 500/4 will be glued back on the D500. Thanks for looking and comments welcome...

George Jr 1_16 Portrait by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

George Jr 1_16 flight by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

George Jr 1_16 Liftoff by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Unhappy Harvey 1_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Awesome set Kris!! Is it just me or is harvey a lighter colour then most other ret tails?

Excellent set.
Loving the background from the 300mm f2.8.
Would love to add one to my collection but I think the Mrs. would burry me with it. lol

LOVING #1 and #3 in terms of the EYES! Those eyes!

The clarity and contrast of these- remarkable!

Wow, the eyes
The subject / BG separation/ compression in #2 is awesome. Looks like a composite.

Beautiful set.

Awesome set Kris!! Is it just me or is harvey a lighter colour then most other ret tails?
Harvey is a little lighter than other hawks I think. He should be getting adult plumage this spring and should get darker feathers. I hope he does as the whites in his can be difficult not to overexpose sometimes.

Excellent set.
Loving the background from the 300mm f2.8.
Would love to add one to my collection but I think the Mrs. would burry me with it. lol
If you can get close the 300 F2.8 is complete sweetness!

LOVING #1 and #3 in terms of the EYES! Those eyes!
Wow, the eyes
The subject / BG separation/ compression in #2 is awesome. Looks like a composite.
Thanks! I'm always a sucker for getting those eyes :) At 30 feet the 300 F2.8 destroys the background.

Excellent!
Beautiful set.
The clarity and contrast of these- remarkable!
Thank you!

Really like 3 and 4 with the wing and leg movement respectively.

Amazing! Not even going to try to pick a fav.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back