HDR article on CNN...

Thanks for sharing. Some of the photos in that gallery are terrible representations for HDR photography.

I side with the argument that HDR is not the end all but merely a new technique/art form.

Surprising that this debate should hit the pages of CNN.com. I liked the way they juxtaposed the processed and non-processed images. Personally, I no longer describe my shots as HDR, since it generates too much debate. It's just one step in my normal workflow.

Wouldn't be surprised if HDR makes its way to ART galleries

It looks like all they did was raise the saturation levels too high....

It's already in galleries.

Saw the article!, was going to post the link here but you beat me to it. It's funny how there is this "debate" on it's validity.

Yup, HDR - this is one of the important things going on today that needs more attention drawn to it by one of the largest news organizations in the world...

Slow news day? I can't imagine that with revolution breaking out all over the middle east...

It's not that I don't want to see a discussion on HDR, but why is it on CNN?

Yup, HDR - this is one of the important things going on today that needs more attention drawn to it by one of the largest news organizations in the world...

Slow news day? I can't imagine that with revolution breaking out all over the middle east...

It's not that I don't want to see a discussion on HDR, but why is it on CNN?

I really think it's hard for news today to be solely focused on hard news. I visit CNN at work to get updates on any big stories but more often than not I'm clicking in to learn more about articles like this. The majority of the headlines for the big important stories are written so I know pretty much everything I want to know from just the headline, but soft news like the HDR story are more interesting to me. There is a "happy news only" website I used to follow just because all the other news is Doom and Gloom.

My two cents anyway.

Wait wait wait, What if all the photos of Libya and such were shot in HDR? Imagine, seeing all the world's pain and suffering with hyper dynamic range... Best of both worlds?

Wouldn't be surprised if HDR makes its way to ART galleries
I have seen in B&W magazine (which I usually consider to be very good) what I can only describe as black and white HDR...

Thanks for sharing. Some of the photos in that gallery are terrible representations for HDR photography.

Really? I thought that most of those images were really good. Not over processed and just loved very nice.

Or do you mean something other than over processing?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back