HDR Bride and Groom.

Kanikula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These photos were not taken by me, but i did edit them upon request. Im pleased with the outcome but im open to suggestions :)

Just to add iv no longer got the originals for comparrison :(

This one i added the sky as the original was a very blown out overcast sky and did nothing for the final immage.
1385432203_1e35d4830e_b.jpg

1386317140_dd907675c2_b.jpg

Holy cow! HDR is so neat! I like them!

How do you do an HDR of people in motion? Don't you have to take multiple exposures?

How do you do an HDR of people in motion? Don't you have to take multiple exposures?

They were worked form the original RAW file which allowed me to change the exposures to waht i needed :)

Maybe you should tone it down a little, the skin tones in the first one makes them look dirty and the second one the wrinkles around her eyes are scary enhanced, also the roses are waaaay ove saturated. Nice job, these look pretty neat for the most part... just maybe overdone.

Maybe you should tone it down a little, the skin tones in the first one makes them look dirty and the second one the wrinkles around her eyes are scary enhanced, also the roses are waaaay ove saturated. Nice job, these look pretty neat for the most part... just maybe overdone.

Cheers for advice NR :thumbup: How would you suggest taking the wrinkles out???

They're too cold and uninviting. The skin tones are blue, only dead people are blue, i'm sure your clients were full of life. The HDR also makes them look harsh and over contrasty.

Since you say ok to edit, i went ahed and took these through my workflow. Opened them up in lightroom and CS2, did color correction to my satisfaction, warmed them up, darkened the background for separation, added a gaussian blur to lower contrast, and did a little dodging burning.

I don't really like the firsto ne because the background is distracting, but the client might like that, i dunno.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Ooh nice work Sw!tch

There is not much i can do about the background on the first as it was not taken by me and its also one of the brides favs :) But thanks for the edits and the process you went through i havnt been doing HDR for long!

it just makes them look more natural.

ehh, yeah and my edits are dark.

I think the second of the two shots does not really
give a good starting point for a wedding HDR.

I do not think, HDR is really charming to their skins, no matter how well it is done.

I think the second of the two shots does not really
give a good starting point for a wedding HDR.

I do not think, HDR is really charming to their skins, no matter how well it is done.

It certainly doesnt work very well for the 2nd shot although i will keep working on it for her.

Iv done some more editing on the 1st and its come out much better i think..

1387325917_4873ef96e9_b.jpg

much more natural ... if you can speak of natural in HDR ;)

on the second one, it is mainly his face / skin and her hair on her arms which come out not too charming.

LOL Thanks Alex

And heres the 2nd shot...
1387429063_3609c71af0_b.jpg

The edit of the first one is perfect now (well as perfect as can be in my opinion)!

But the second one still needs work. Especially her face.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back