HDR on my iPhone

NayLoMo6C

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Downloaded an HDR app for my iPhone 4 and took some test shots today. A really fun app I must say, here's one i took

IMG_0144.jpg

was it actual HDR with three or more images? Or does it just process the one shot for an 'HDR look'? I wouldn't have known it was shot with iphone. Not sure if the noise in the top corners is from photo quality or HDR process. But interesting.

the app took two exposures and automatically merged them together

Which HDR app do you use? I notice there's barely any halo...

I took this one with HDR pro the other evening. The halo around the top win & N-strut is pretty bad.

Last edited:
iCamera HDR

i also have Pro HDR but i gave that one up for this. it's that good

Is the pic from the plane more then one exposure. I didn't imagine that a phone would be able take two shots from something moving (how ever fast the plane was moving) and the houses and everything else not be totally blurred.

Is the pic from the plane more then one exposure. I didn't imagine that a phone would be able take two shots from something moving (how ever fast the plane was moving) and the houses and everything else not be totally blurred.

No it's two separate Images. That biplane cruises at 100mph and at 1500 feet above the ground there's not much relative motion. The camera/phone was pointed into the sun so the shutter speed was fast enough to eliminate that motion and any other vibration. The real problem is the wind buffet from the open cockpit and a little turbulence. It's tough for the aligning software to work. This was 1 of 4 trys, I just got lucky it was smooth enough for a few seconds to get both shots off.

This one was taken at over 200mph at about 200 ft off the ground. Still no blur from the relative motion, but you can see the ghosting of the wing between the two shots.

I just got iCamera HDR, waaaaaay better app. We are still talking about phone cameras here... But if I didn't have it I wouldn't have these shots. I know some of you are thinking that might be a good thing and these are garbage.... You try flying and shooting at the same time & we'll see how well your's turn out...:lmao:

i must say the iPhone has pretty much the most impressive camera among all phones that have been made thus far

Check out the EXIF for your iPhone shots... I have one with a 1/7483 sec exposure!

Is the iPhone camera all automatic, or can you make some creative adjustments, like DOF, white balance, shutter speed, or does one rely totally on the software in the phone?

Is the iPhone camera all automatic, or can you make some creative adjustments, like DOF, white balance, shutter speed, or does one rely totally on the software in the phone?

the app itself has numerous amounts of tweaks you can do, including all the ones you've mentioned (aside from shutter speed).

it also has, brightness, contrast, highlights/shadows, B/W point, white balance, saturation, blur/sharpening, lens correction, and a handful of preset effects

I think I remember seeing a app that lets you have full manual control for the iPhone camera... I'm trying to find it...

I think I remember seeing a app that lets you have full manual control for the iPhone camera... I'm trying to find it...

the only thing you can't manipulate on the iPhone is the shutter speed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back