Heavens Gate Cemetery Halloween Haunt

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now that Halloween is over, it is time to go through the hundreds of photos, I took of my house. This is my 11th year for doing a home haunt, and it just keeps getting bigger.

The front gates to my cemetery. Mother Nature finally decided to be nice and give me a good day. The fog moved around really well through the cemetery .

154_5404b.JPG

The top portion of a gravestone.

153_5372b.JPG

The Caretaker

153_5399b.JPG

See Jon..the fake crows dont fly away.

153_5357b.JPG

This was an attempt at painting with light. I set the camera, at 30 second, and used a red light on the skeleton, and a blue light on the gravestone behind. It took some running to make sure I got enough light on both, but the front image came out over exposed. I tried to fix in PS..but have given up.
153_5364a.JPG

Girl discovers a coffin.

153_5361b.JPG

Another shot of part of the cemetery with the fog

154_5405b.JPG

The old lady

153_5350b.JPG

The minister found a friend.

153_5352b.JPG

Almost all of my props are hand made, and anything that is store bought is usually torn apart and made over. Takes almost 5 days to set up and 2 days to put away.

awesome display Carl and cool pics!

i would love to see this in person. could ya leave it up a few more months til i get there?

do you sit back and watch the event unfold or take part in scaring the crap outa everyone? ;)

Thanks everyone for the cool comments.
LIzM. Some dare too. We had a lot of really good scares this year. My "live" props were all dressed in black and hid in shadows. Pretty cool. I found adults easier to scare then kids.
Jon... um...uh..I have already packed it away. All the heads are in the coffins, limbs in boxes, and I returned the gravestones to the cemteries in the neighborhood.
I am right in there. I can stand motionless for long periods at a time...guess that goes back to my party days, ...but a lot of the kids wont approach, and can not figure out if Im real or a dummy...dont go there....
All of my static props are life size, so it is difficult to tell the difference. But it makes for good scares.

Chiller this is an awesome set up you have done. With these High expectations and results, the kids must talk about this until the next Halloween. It is great to see someone in the neighbourhood really put on a show. Excellent!!!!!!

Just enormous!
Wow!
And you place yourself in the midst of it and watch? Motionless? Doing the odd "Booo!"?
Scary! I'd shriek and run!
(You were much nicer in my dream, very "normal" actually :greenpbl: ) :biggrin:

And you PLUS your neighbour really board up your houses like can be seen in the background of one of the pics for the event? Really? ALL that trouble for this one night? :shock:

Wow again.

Awesome series Chiller ! Really cool, wish I could of been there to feel the vibes. Thx for sharing. Awesome post dude.

Wow! That's the coolest thing I've ever seen. I'd love to have seen it in person. You blow the doors off of anything around here. I love all this creepy stuff. Need a tall "daughter"? Hehe.

Chiller ... :hail: ... you so rock, dude. Hey ... next year, I believe my little Frankenstein wants to be a zombie ... need him for spooks?! Please ... take my kid ... (joke).

Awesome display. Can't wait to see more of the shots.

Simply amazing. I would love to be there, just to see how close my son would get to your place. (he is a 12 yo, extra large chicken)

Freakishly cool :thumbsup:

0k, chiller, fess up... you snuck into my yard and took these photos.... silly canadian..

nah just joshing....great great yard... would love to see this too..ya know, on the off topics, we are planning to show up next year....maybe put a scare in chiller when all of us show up... wwwaaahahahahahaaa.....

so... you can stand motionless for a long time?? that would be hard for me.. i would have busted out laughing when the kids were screaming... how do you keep from giving yourself away??

Now that's true Halloween spirit, Chiller:fangs:! I love the fact that you redo everything, so it looks unique & not store-bought. Great work! And the fog added so much more to the whole sceen. The Caretaker's eyes look absolutely demonic :evil:! Brrrr... I hope I don't see any of it in my dreams :lmao:!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back