Heavy Edit - Advice needed

GotaLuvThosPens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so.... on this I can take all the advice you can give. I'm just having fun with the editing and looking to get creative with textures and whatnot. This was one of my first attempts. The hair was the hard part. Any advice on these types of edits is welcome. Harsh or not I can take it since this is completely recreational. Thanks!

4725434571_6b78266f0a_b.jpg

I just... don't like it.

I would like it a little more than hating it if it were to be reversed... like, person in colour and background B&W.

I also can't dig whatever "AnTiQuE pHoTo FiLtEr" you put on it :er:

I just... don't like it.

I would like it a little more than hating it if it were to be reversed... like, person in colour and background B&W.

No photo filters.
But maybe I'll give that reverse a try.

Id rather see it in full color / full B+W tbh.

I've edited it those ways as well.

4725531725_c69a952085.jpg

4725531961_253874cdd9.jpg

But like I said I'm going for a heavy edit with use of textures.

I just... don't like it.

No photo filters.
But maybe I'll give that reverse a try.
I blatantly see textures though

texture yes... I layered the original pic with a colored texture background and blended. Is that considered a photo filter?

The full colour is so much better! I really like it! The contrast with her red hair, the blue shirt and the green grass is great. Although the purple flowers are a bit distracting.

#1 :thumbup: (in the second post, with the B&W)

It's my favorite!! A very pretty portrait.

I know you said you want to experiment, but try picking a not-so-good shot and then enhancing it. The problem here was that shot you took was beautiful to begin with, so enhancing it took away from that.

Do you have a vertical shot without her head cropped off?

What I do like in the 1st shot is the light color cast in the b&w part, especially the blue in the eyes.

What I do like in the 1st shot is the light color cast in the b&w part, especially the blue in the eyes.

Not exactly. I have this one but I think the effect on this one would look to strange because of the lose of depth.
4563799539_0fe026b545.jpg

Not exactly. I have this one but I think the effect on this one would look to strange because of the lose of depth.

I like this one the way it is..And I wonder if she knew she had a spider on her chest! I would have freaked!

I like this one the way it is..And I wonder if she knew she had a spider on her chest! I would have freaked!

haha "she" is actually me. and no! I had no idea it was there until I looked at the preview. Then I freaked out. In the end I feel like it adds to the picture nicely though.

haha "she" is actually me. and no! I had no idea it was there until I looked at the preview. Then I freaked out. In the end I feel like it adds to the picture nicely though.

hah, lovely)
the last shot is AMAZING! The composition, face expression and colors are cool! + it's so sunny!!!!!!

P.S. I also like the B&W version of the first photo.

Ahhh i was going to comment something about the model being easy on the eyes till you said it was you, then thought it would sound creepy :lol:

I am a really really bad amateur editor too so i wont go into depth about your first pic but i love the black and white with the colour in your eyes, just not sure about the background.
Agree with what someone else said about the picture being so good in the first place that any editing may take away from that.

Most reactions

Back