Helicopter Shoot. Photoshop Practice

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok guys and gals. Got the chance to go out on Petroleum Helicopter Inc. or PHI helipad near the Lafayette airport to take some shots. Just curious what people think of the shots?

Chopper1L.jpg

Chopper2L.jpg

chopper3L.jpg

These are all Photoshopped. I am trying to extend my ideas with ps. Trying to get out the box a little or a alot!

All opinions Welcome

Nice photos! I really like the color in #1. #2 has a nice vintage look to me. I don't even know if that's what you were going for. Almost looks like it would be a picture clipped out of an old newpaper :lol: I like the effect of #3 also, is that difficult to do? I've never dealt with post processing as I don't think I'm up to the task yet.

Not really that hard to do but it is pretty hard to get it perfect. I really dont think mine is perfect but it was only my 3rd try. I normally like my shots close to staight out the camera. I really dont like to edit alot. I was just learning new stuff and having fun tonight.

The second shot is supposed to look like a chalk drawing. Like I said I was just trying stuff and I kinda liked that one!

I like #1 the best. The angle and colors are quite appealing.

#2 the editing is unflattering IMHO.

#3, well... I'm just not a fan of selective coloring. I think it rarely improves an image.

I feel that #3 is the best capture by far. Nothing fancy, just a nice, clean representation of that bird. But as inTempus said, I'm don't think the selective coloring doesn't anything good to the image. Consider using the same process to leave the heli beautiful and saturated, then just selectively desaturate the background a little, not a lot.

I like 1. It took a sec to figure what I was looking at and good lighting. 3 does select color justice. 2 has a good look as well. I like them all! Nice.

I like all 3 of them the second reminds me of an oldy worldy postcard type picture my fav is the first one though.

Most reactions

Back