"Hella" New Guy From NorCal

The_Machinist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm joining TPF after the incessant urging of a good friend of mine, so here's my introduction.

I've been addicted to photography for at least the last two years, and I have been progressing in ability and skill since day one. I first got hooked when I found the point and shoot that my parents got me for an 8th grade field trip, and decided to take it with me to the bike park. I got home that night and looked at what I had gotten, and I knew that this was something I wanted to pursue further. Eventually a friend of mine that isn't really into photography got a Canon Rebel T2i off one of those penny auction websites for next to nothing, which made me a little jealous... ok,... it made me really jealous. After a few weeks of asking him to let me borrow it, he eventually relented and I was finally able to shoot with a camera that I could really learn a lot from! Over the course of the next year I continued to use the camera, and grow as a photographer, learning how shutter speed, aperture, and iso affect an image; along with some of the basics of composition. I signed up for the photography class at my high school this year to further my knowledge of my favorite hobby. The class has advanced knowledge of composition more than any online article has, and I'm glad I took it.
I currently don't have a camera, (other than my GoPro) so I am trying to sell my mountain bike to fund the purchase of one, possible a D7000. In the meantime, I am going to take a stab at analog photography through the use of my Dad's old Minolta SRT-201.

Here is a link to my Flickr page, where you can view my photos: Flickr: Darrell Vaughn's Photostream

I WAS VERY CESSANT TYVM

Welcome to TPF Darrell (;

bumpo chops

Most reactions

Back