"HELLO" & 17-40L?

HELLO Everyone, I have to start by saying how much I enjoy this forum. I sit here for hours every day reading every thread and enjoying everyone's photo's (EJBPhoto & JodieO, you two are awesome!) And Big Mike, wow do you know your stuff!

Back to my post question.... Right now when my wife and I go out for a walk or a drive I usaully grab my cam. w/ kit 18-55 and my pics are very poor (no pop) My wife's P&S are just as good if not better, and she lets me know :greenpbl:. So I want to buy a walk around lens and I am leaning towards the 17-40L for my budget. I know I could do Tam. or Sig. but really want to buy another L.

Can anyone give me feedback on the 17-40L THANKS TO ALL &
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

What's the extent of your post-production? If you don't do any, than an L lens won't change squat.

ahem.. what ^^ he ^^ said...

Right out of the camera Canon RAW tends to be flat. ( by conservative design? ) All the information is there to produce photos that pop or photos that are subtle or flat or desaturated.... regardless of the lens

>>honestly<< I have no clue why I'm still posting replies to this thread...

usayit, I have a tendecy to yell at the bat sometimes, I do not wish to post any pic's. My only question I ever ask was about the 17-40L f/4, Sorry things got nasty and out of hand. I am no means that kind of person, so I apologize 10 folds over.

DSLR noob, I have apologized for yelling, I realize it was rude and not at all necessary, but thank you I will indeed "chill out"

sw1tchFX, I understand how important post-production is, I guess I just have to work harder on it. Please be careful with those scissors.

To all, I apologize to anyone I may have offended, I never wanted my very first post to make me come across as some jerk. SORRY,SORRY, SORRY!!!

usayit, I have a tendecy to yell at the bat sometimes, I do not wish to post any pic's. My only question I ever ask was about the 17-40L f/4, Sorry things got nasty and out of hand. I am no means that kind of person, so I apologize 10 folds over.

DSLR noob, I have apologized for yelling, I realize it was rude and not at all necessary, but thank you I will indeed "chill out"

sw1tchFX, I understand how important post-production is, I guess I just have to work harder on it. Please be careful with those scissors.

To all, I apologize to anyone I may have offended, I never wanted my very first post to make me come across as some jerk. SORRY,SORRY, SORRY!!!

Four rights means you're still heading forwards. You seem like a reasonable fellow, keep moving on and post a photo for us.

Couple of options for you... I don't own the 17-40, so I can't speak to the image quality. I'd check out two sites and search using "17-40."
First try Canon Didgtal Forum http://photography-on-the.net/forum/
Second, check out www.pbase.com and search by lens. You will find tons of pictures using the 17-40 and you can judge for yourself if the lens will prove useful to you.
I'm not sure what kind of body you have, but I really like the 24-105L as a "walk around" lens on my 5d.
Hope this helps.
Dennis

Couple of options for you... I don't own the 17-40, so I can't speak to the image quality. I'd check out two sites and search using "17-40."
First try Canon Didgtal Forum http://photography-on-the.net/forum/
Second, check out www.pbase.com and search by lens. You will find tons of pictures using the 17-40 and you can judge for yourself if the lens will prove useful to you.
I'm not sure what kind of body you have, but I really like the 24-105L as a "walk around" lens on my 5d.
Hope this helps.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis, That helped me a ton. pbase.com had hundreds of pic's using the 17-40L. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back