Hello All! New to forum and some pics

jarnld

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there guys and gals. I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been into photography for about 6 months on and off as a hobby and am wanting to get into it seriously pretty soon.

Right now I am using a Panasonic dmc-fz5 and Im getting kind of frustrated with it. I cant seem to get on "film" what I have pictured in my mind on almost every shot. I don't know if this is the camera or me?! I used to be able to at least take pictures like the two or three posted here. Now all my pictures suck, to be blunt. Any advice? I know its kind of a general question...but thats the best I can describe it. Pictures now have no depth, and no character/personality. Is it time to invest in a SLR??

Comments and Criticism welcome on the pics. Let me have it...i love to learn.

bullet.jpg

P1000158.jpg

Someone wiser than me said that to get good at photography, take lots of pictures. I take lots of pictures, but still have to take more to get good. :lol: You'll get your groove. It just may take a while.

Welcome to the forums and I second what nealjpage said.

Your first shot is very nice; I really like it for all the detail it has in it.
Second shot should have been zoomed out a bit so you wouldn't cut off kitty's claws...

Thanks for sharing and don't give up!

Thanks for the support guys. I am starting to take lots of pictures on every appropriate setting I can think of per the situation at hand. Ill post some follow-up pics really soon . Thanks again guys! You got a great forum over here.

If you know what you want, and know your not getting it, thats an valuable piece of the jigsaw of improvement.
The gun is nice and clean, but old tiddles there is an odd shade of pink - white balance.
*thinks*
I might give up if I was ever satisfied with what I made with a camera.

Welcome.

Right now I am using a Panasonic dmc-fz5 and Im getting kind of frustrated with it. I cant seem to get on "film" what I have pictured in my mind on almost every shot. I don't know if this is the camera or me?! I used to be able to at least take pictures like the two or three posted here. Now all my pictures suck, to be blunt. Any advice? I know its kind of a general question...but thats the best I can describe it. Pictures now have no depth, and no character/personality. Is it time to invest in a SLR??

Think back of what you used to do when you were able to get those shots. Unless you have damaged you camera, it's pointless to blame it. It just sits there waiting for you to rub it and pet it and make it your friend. Read a book like "Understanding Exposure".

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The reason I was partly questioning my camera was because it recently had a problem with the lense piece moving in and out. I had to take the camera apart and fix the motor that moves the piece in and out. Ever since then the shots have been dull and boring. Heres some pics I took yesterday.

P1080107.jpg

bell.origianl.jpg

I noticed that the picture of my daughter has a funny green tint to it. What can I do when shooting to have it look natural?

Does anyone have any links on getting a proper setting for white balance?

Thanks again guys!

now that I look at the pics again...they are about what they used to look like before. The camera, however, is garbage nonetheless. I've got about a 50/50 chance of it working when i turn it on. Any recommendations for my next camera??

I nearly s%#* myself laughing at the first one. There might be some elements to work on, but it is neither dull or boring. Is the tounge really that big?

Your daughter is very pretty and I think it is a nice shot. However, you may consider to crop some. Her left hand comes out of nowhere and is out of focus. Distracting to me.

As far as cameras, that question is asked over and over in this forum. Make a short list and do some searching. Good luck.

yeah it is that big! Nothing on these have been processed or edited...shes a crazy dog! Thanks for all the input guys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back