Hello all.

jfkae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good evening from Frankfurt, Germany.

I'm a United States Marine currently working overseas and have just recently taken up photography as a hobby. Before it was for work in a different sort of job. Now I can travel and look like a tourist. I come from Los Angeles, Ca. I'm headed to Africa in about 3 weeks and will definitely be excited about the Photo's coming from there! Except the exceptionally slow internet which will most likely limit me from uploading many photo's. Definitely would like to learn from some experienced Canon users as I am currently using a Canon 7D.

Alex

Flickr: jFKAE's Photostream

Welcome.

I love the 7D, its such a nice camera.

What lenses do you own?

I did 8 years in the Navy by the way. Thank you for your service.

The kit lens it came with sadly.

EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

I'm still going to mess with it for a few months before I make the move to a better lens.

Currently buying the small accessories such as the BlackRapid Rs-4. Reminds me of my one point sling for my M4A1 =P.

The kit lens it came with sadly.

EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

I'm still going to mess with it for a few months before I make the move to a better lens.

Currently buying the small accessories such as the BlackRapid Rs-4. Reminds me of my one point sling for my M4A1 =P.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the 7D is very hungry for good glass.

The sensor has more resolution than many low end Canon lenses are even capable of. I am not sure about the 28-135 though.

Since you are a beginner this is no big deal, just something to keep in mind for the future.

I would recommend you get L glass for your next lens. The Canon 200mm f/2.8L II would be a perfect choice for you because its a useful focal length, plus it has outstanding image quality I hear. Its also a steal at about $750.

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

From reading many of the reviews on that lens it seems like an outstanding lens. I think I started heading towards the Canon EF 70-200mm F/4L IS USM. Due to the Image Stablization since I still don't have a tripod and probably won't buy one for a while lol. I'll be busy running around all over the place. All the lenses are all so pricey.

Definitely will research a lot more and then go from there.

You've been extremely helpful thanks!. So you're in Japan? Got out and decided to stay overseas?

I'm Athur, a totally newbie to this community. Nice to see you all and great to be a part of the community. Hope to get help from you, thank!

Most reactions

Back