Hello Everyone, I'm new here. I need help with editing my NEF format pictures. Please !

rmeegada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have taken pictures of my friend for his graduation and there was something wrong with the lighting and they came out weird.The camera I used was NIKON D3400 with 50mm f/1.8D lens, manual focus, Contrast AF, Aperture f/0, shutter speed: 1/125s, ISO 800. Can somebody tell me whether i can make it look like original or I cannot ... Thanks in advance.
DSC_0238.JPG
DSC_0238.JPG
DSC_0238.JPG
DSC_0238.JPG
DSC_0238.JPG

Holy Over-Exposure Batman! I assume "f0" is supposed to be f10? You might be able to recover something from these by pushing the exposure slider a LONG way to the left, but I suspect there's a LOT of missing detail.

There was no AutoFocus as you were using a lens that is not fully compatible with that camera.

But, still the exposure is way blown out as you can tell.
Are you using any Editing software to see if you can bring down the Exposure Control ??

Well I suppose the lighting is always wrong until you set the right exposure settings. If your using NEF files then you must have some software to process the images and do what Tirediron said.

Did you have any images come out correctly while using that lens?

For the first image I show f/5.6 at 1/50th second and ISO 3200 - that is probably 8 stops overexposed if it was taken outdoors, I have seen shots 6 stops overexposed with some information recovered from the D610 camera.

Well I suppose the lighting is always wrong until you set the right exposure settings. If your using NEF files then you must have some software to process the images and do what Tirediron said.

Did you have any images come out correctly while using that lens?

For the first image I show f/5.6 at 1/50th second and ISO 3200 - that is probably 8 stops overexposed if it was taken outdoors, I have seen shots 6 stops overexposed with some information recovered from the D610 camera.
Yes, there are other pictures that came out pretty good. but some of them are like this. I don't know why.

The vast majority of the images have all 3 color channels at or very close to their maximum value of 255.
That means all detail in those areas is irrecoverable, also known as 'clipped' or 'blown out'.

Send them to the recycle bin and re-shoot.

Holy Over-Exposure Batman! I assume "f0" is supposed to be f10? You might be able to recover something from these by pushing the exposure slider a LONG way to the left, but I suspect there's a LOT of missing detail.

Hi, can you check the picture that I attached below. It has the information of the picture.

Attachments

• affsa.jpg
    affsa.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 155

Hi, can you check the picture that I attached below. It has the information of the picture.

Attachments

• affsa.jpg
    affsa.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 161
There was no AutoFocus as you were using a lens that is not fully compatible with that camera.
D'ohhhhhhhhhhh... totally missed that!
OP would have to manually adjust his Aperture on the aperture ring.
EXIF will always show f/0

I'm guessing maybe the OP changed his aperture accidentally from say f/32 to f/5.6 by accident. Assuming he didn't change his other manual settings of ISO 800 and 1/125 Shutter.

Most reactions

Back