Hello from California!

McMommy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a Nikon D5000 after my toddler smashed our point & shoot. We were planning on getting a DSLR sometime this year, and I was looking into the D90, but due to the timing we ended up with the D5000 and I am in love!

It's only been a couple weeks, but I am already diving straight into the next level of photography. I absolutely love it, and used to try to take "manual" photos with my p&s but it never really gave me the results I so wanted!

I have been reading "Understanding Exposure" as well as the guidebook for my Nikon D5000, although I can't remember the author that wrote it at the moment. He has a whole line of camera guidebooks out. I've also been reading on Ken Rockwell's website, which I've found to be a huge wealth of information! I use photoshop elements to achieve artistic results with my photos, but am also new'ish to that. My favorite thing about using this DSLR is that most of the time, the only editing I do is to crop the photo into a printable size! I love it!

So that's me in a nutshell, and I hope to learn a lot and share what I can with everyone here.

Thanks so much!

McMommy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back