Hello from Louisiana

SnakeBlitz33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello World,

I am new to photography, and I need a lot of help. I haven't bought a camera yet because I am in the process of researching. I'm one of those people who love to research as deep into things as I can before I spend a penny. Just part of my personality. I have a family and my little one is going to be a year old in a couple of months and I want to be able to photograph her first birthday with a decent camera. Not only that, but I also want to take some pictures of my reef tanks and my family and friends reef tanks so that I can finish the book that I am writing and researching on saltwater aquaria. Since I need all original pictures for the book, I want some high quality photos to be able to get that professional look and feel.

I am a college student and I am going to be a Biology teacher in a couple of years, so I figure it would be neat to take some original pictures of organisms that we will be studying in the classroom as well. I think it will be fun to pick up this hobby - as well as my saltwater aquarium obsession. I hope to share plenty of pictures with the board of my tanks and my friends tanks over time. I'm not one of those people that get offended by criticism on a photo - if it could look better in any way - I want to learn how to do it!

Thank you for reading - and I am sure that I will start getting on ya'lls nerves by asking too many questions right off the bat. Thank you for your patience.

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome to TPF, SnakeBlitz! I think you have an exciting career planned out for yourself, and photography will be important to you (for that and of course for your growing family!). :) We have a lot of threads on "What to buy", so please use the internal "Search", it should bring up a lot of material for you to read. We also have the Camera Forum by name, which has a lot of great discussion and "pro and con" points to consider. Have at it - and don't hesitate to ask questions when you need to dig a little deeper.

Enjoy the forum!

smalltowngirl13

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello and welcome to the forum!

IceCanAm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit