Hello from Georgia

WhisperingTurtle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone. I'm currently taking a black and white photography as art class at my local college. Its something I've always wanted to learn and didn't have the chance to take the class when I was in college. So twenty years later, I'm finally doing something I've always wanted to learn.

I have a Canon AE-1. School started two weeks ago, tomorrow will be my first day working in the dark room. The first assignment was taking abstract pictures looking at form, contrast, line, shadow and pattern.

If any of my pics turn out to be more than just a big grey and white blur I'll be posting images once they are ready in a couple of days.

Hello and welcome to the forum...good luck with your class.

Hi Everyone. I'm currently taking a black and white photography as art class at my local college. Its something I've always wanted to learn and didn't have the chance to take the class when I was in college. So twenty years later, I'm finally doing something I've always wanted to learn.

I have a Canon AE-1. School started two weeks ago, tomorrow will be my first day working in the dark room. The first assignment was taking abstract pictures looking at form, contrast, line, shadow and pattern.

If any of my pics turn out to be more than just a big grey and white blur I'll be posting images once they are ready in a couple of days.

Sounds like a blast! :) The darkroom can feel challenging at first, but once your get the hang of it, it's a thrill. I hope you post pictures of your work!

Welcome to TPF - enjoy the forum!

Woop woop, Georgia! Welcome to the forum, fellow Georgian :)

I started in the darkroom back in mid-August and despite the learning curve, there's not a single day where I don't like being in there. I'm enjoying every second of it! I know you will too!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.

Welcome to Hotel TPF!! And good for you, to pursue something like that!
What college, out of sheer curiosity?

Welcome aboard.

<sees avatar, sees name, keeps going…does double take, looks at name again>
WHOLEY GUACAMOLE, Big Mike, how you've changed!!! :1247:

Howdy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back