Hello from Ontario Canada

Travis33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, my daughter and I have decided to enter into the world of photography as a hobby. I have to say that it is a very cloudy pool to dive into head first. So many options for both hardware and software, crazy! Glad I found this forum, I have many questions. Looking forward to getting started.

Hiya welcome here,
A parent and daughter team, there will be no stopping you. Hard ware wise, I know now it seems a daft thing to think about, but want to think about storage of your files if digital, a three stage system is good eg three separate hard drives, external preferable.
Members here are a good group, there is always someone who will help answer questions.
Have fun with your hobby, look forward to seeing some of the results

Welcome, Eh!

Make sure to get the same camera mount ... makes life cheaper !!
Well right or wrong I picked up two Nikon D90's, might be a little much to start but the price was right. Plus I have some older "F" mount glass from My old F65. I actually was looking at new cameras until I read a thread here advising against buying new to start out...first helpful advice from my very first visit!

Hiya welcome here,
A parent and daughter team, there will be no stopping you. Hard ware wise, I know now it seems a daft thing to think about, but want to think about storage of your files if digital, a three stage system is good eg three separate hard drives, external preferable.
Members here are a good group, there is always someone who will help answer questions.
Have fun with your hobby, look forward to seeing some of the results
Good tip, I hadn't given that any thought yet. Any advice on editing software? I almost bought a subscription but as a hobbiest I didn't think that would be a great idea. I am essentially clueless so any tips would be welcome, thanks

A stand-alone version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom would work well for your D90. Since the camera is fairly old now you could use even outdated versions such as Lightroom 3.6, which I think you can probably find on disc for a little over $100.

A number of people on here have recommended Affinity Photo which I think costs about $50. That might be something to check into.

I use stand alone photoshop elements or as most people type PSE
Mine is an early version being used on windows 7

@Travis33 You'll most certainly like it here. It keeps getting better with time.

Welcome to TPF, you have a great journey in the world of photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back