Hello from Pennsylvania

Susan Will

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a new and exciting journey for me, I have been taking photos for about 10 years. I am always looking for something new to photograph. Mostly animals and family members.
I am a mother of three grown children and a grandmother of two which is very exciting. I am thinking about branching out into some weddings and maybe graduation photo shots but to be honest it sort of scares me.
Any ideas or thoughts on whether I should do this?
Thanks and I am looking forward to sharing ideas with everyone.

Welcome to TPF, Susan! We're happy to have you join us! I hope you check out the Photo Galleries here, and share some of your work with us. It's a great way to get to know everyone.

As far as your question about moving into wedding photography, you might want to start a new thread in the Aspiring Professionals Forum. You'll get better advice and suggestions there, from others who are also testing the waters.

Keep posting and have fun!

Thank you I am enjoying this site already and have learned several things. I have tried to load several of my photos but they just don't seem to want to load, am I doing something wrong?

Hello. And yes the various sub forums are a tremendous resource.

Thank you I am enjoying this site already and have learned several things. I have tried to load several of my photos but they just don't seem to want to load, am I doing something wrong?

welcome. you could be trying to upload something that's too big. it seems like some people have problems uploading directly to the forum. i've found the easiest way to share photos is to upload images to flickr and copy their bbcode into your forum post.

I upload direct from I pad but I resize to 1050 pixels on the long edge and send as jpg My suggestion is

Have a look at your settings and make sure that you are not trying to send tiff, psd, or your version of raw file
Maybe you could post the actions you do when you try to upload pics
Eg where saved, size, file type, and how you do it
For this image
It was saved on the I pad in photos, sub folder, toys plat
I clicked the upload file
Selected photo library and sub folder
Selected the image
Clicked done
Then when the image was uploaded to the site I clicked full image
Then clicked post reply
Hope this helps
Edit the file size ended as 1050 by 699

Attachments

• 823283D4-C85C-417D-9F21-FD3FCD974CA2.jpeg
    823283D4-C85C-417D-9F21-FD3FCD974CA2.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 56
Thank you I am trying to resize my photos in Photoshop never had to do this so I am learning something new. Thanks again for your help!

Welcome! I resize my photos in Photoshop with 2048 pixels on the long side.

Welcome from Stormstown, PA(Centre County). An awful lot of expertise here to learn from.

I had that problem with too large photos at first. I use Windows10 and when I load the pics to my computer file, I can click on Photos to open them. Then I right click on the photo to get resize and click on L which gives me a 4MP pic which works here. Also, on one of my editors(I have several) I select an image size of 2048X2048 and that works also.

Welcome from Luzerne County, Pa! When saving my photos, I usually make 2 copies with one at full edited size ( or the raw format itself also ) and one at approximately 1200px on longest side to upload to this site, naming them appropriately so my old mind doesn't get confused as to which is which:1247:

Most reactions

Back