Hello from SE KY

chuckojr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I registered on this site a couple years ago but just recently bought my first DSLR, a Canon xs, last week. Never did post when I registered, just looked around. Looking forward to learning a lot now that I will be able to experiment a lot more than with 35mm. Couple of questions:
Is the xs a pretty good starter?
Also, how important is it that I get photoshop. Is there many here that just leave their pictures as they shot them, or are mosted of them edited slightly?

Thanks.

Chuck

hello welcome aboard, im glad that you are part of this forum

Hello and welcome.
Photoshop is great for your photo's even if all you need to do is adjust colors and brightness. But if you're an "honest" person photoshop may be to expensive.($700 I think for full version of cs4)
But luckily you can pick up some ok software for around $30-50 that will work great for just touching up photo's and removing red eye etc.....

Welcome to TPF.

Hello and welcome.
Photoshop is great for your photo's even if all you need to do is adjust colors and brightness. But if you're an "honest" person photoshop may be to expensive.($700 I think for full version of cs4)
But luckily you can pick up some ok software for around $30-50 that will work great for just touching up photo's and removing red eye etc.....
Are you referring to Photoshop Elements? I heard that's a good program.

Most reactions

Back