Hello from the heart of the US

dosa750

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

New to this forum, but have been active at the other forum (WatchUSeek) as my hobby for years. This is going to change now that I have a 4 weeks old baby girl :)

So, the wrist watch hobby is going to be in back burner for a little while, while photography will be more of my focus for years down the road.

I have been using a beginner Nikon D3000 for 7 years, but just bought an upgrade with D5300. Never going to go to Pro type any time soon and might ever going to be.

My focus is only taking photos of my family occasions and occasionally my watches as well to post at the other forum. Anyhow, I look forward to learning from you all how can I improve my skills focusing on the manual photo shooting. I used to know how to do this while in college ages ago with the old SLR. I have been mainly using the preset these days with my D3000, but with a new daughter, I commit to make all the shots count.

Cheers

Welcome aboard. I am at ten years on my D40.

I looked through some 2004 and 2005 d-slr shots of my now teenaged son recently. Take as many pictures as you can of that new baby!!!!

D5300 has a great, new-era sensor, significantly better than what the D3000 has,especially at higher ISO levels. Use that flippy screen to get the camera down near the floor for the next 3 years!

Thanks all for the kind words, advices and what not.

Cheers

If you don't care too much about it, you could just set your camera to shutter priority and set it to 1/200 to freeze movement, and let your camera handle the rest.

If you don't care too much about it, you could just set your camera to shutter priority and set it to 1/200 to freeze movement, and let your camera handle the rest.

I will try that for sure. Thanks...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back