Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a photoholic.

But, I guess... Ya gotta start them young if you want to form any good addiction right?!:fangs:

Hello, My name is John. And I am a Nikonaholic. I suffer from stage 3 NAS, Nikon acquisition syndrome. I even moderated a group called Nikonaholics. I had to give that up, my N.A.S. took away too much time from my moderator duties. I also confess to enabling all my family members who I can break down and force a Nikon into there hands. Cathy, my wife (proud new D300 owner.) Dawn our oldest daughter, still addicted to the film world and user of a FM2. And Dawn's oldest son, our grandson Jacob. He is addicted to his Nikkormat FTn w/50 f/1.2. We have attempted (however lame the attempt was) over the decades to break ourselves of this terrible vice, but to no avail. We have all just about decided to live with our addiction, and try to addict as many friends, fiends, and enemies to become Nikonaholics. After critical mass is attained, who will there be to criticize?

I show people how to make cameras, then they show people, who show people, and not only are there more cameras in the world, there are more people using them. It's a viral disease.

Hello. My name is XXXX. I'm a photoholic. I have the tendancy to fondle my gear nightly whether I intend to light up or not.

I don't wanna to quit.
I ain't gonna to quit.
Give me some more.
Don't Bogart that camera my friend, pass it over to me.

My name is Parker, I am a Pentaxaholic. I spend most my money on Pentax gear, mostly ancient. I have an inability to manually focus quickly, but that does not stop me from buying old gear, because of it's great optical quality.
I know I can quit anytime I want.
I once spent 6 hours trying to take pictures while on acid, in the dark, do not try this at home.
I work a part time job I hate at a fast food joint to afford camera equipment. I've applied at every camera store in the city, despite most being over an hour bus-ride away, but have yet to receive a call from any, despite being very knowledgeable about cameras and related equipment.
I'm having trouble buying a P&S camera, because the Pentax ones do not appeal to me, and buying C*non feels like a sin.

I have much more invested in my cameras than my primary car...

I am about 4 months from surpassing the value of both my primary car AND my convertible 2 seater toy car....

I sometimes spend just as much of photo-consumables as my grocery bill....

I don't state a single brand.. I list Leica, Canon, Pentax, Minolta, and on occasion Polaroid... when asked what I shoot with.

I have a bag full of undeveloped, exposed film...

I have several gigs with of digital photos I haven't even looked at yet...

I sometimes cycle the shutter on some of my older cameras to hear and feel workmanship....

I rarely leave the house without a camera....

I flip camera equipment to make a few $$ on the side to feed my habit....

I passed up a chance to buy a early 90s Porsche to buy yet another camera....

I get pissed off when my job requires me to go into the office and miss 2nd Sunday camera swap....

Am I qualified enough to join?

Hi, I'm Meg... and I am not only an addict but an enabler and a dealer to my children:stun:.
It all started when I was given a camera, and it grew from there.. I started taking classes, and then......
My kids started taking pictures with my phone, and my husband started taking pictures..
And then....... Oh this is just too hard to say....

Way to raise a bunch of little photoholics!:lol:

Hello, My name is John. And I am a Nikonaholic. I suffer from stage 3 NAS, Nikon acquisition syndrome. I even moderated a group called Nikonaholics. I had to give that up, my N.A.S. took away too much time from my moderator duties. I also confess to enabling all my family members who I can break down and force a Nikon into there hands. Cathy, my wife (proud new D300 owner.) Dawn our oldest daughter, still addicted to the film world and user of a FM2. And Dawn's oldest son, our grandson Jacob. He is addicted to his Nikkormat FTn w/50 f/1.2. We have attempted (however lame the attempt was) over the decades to break ourselves of this terrible vice, but to no avail. We have all just about decided to live with our addiction, and try to addict as many friends, fiends, and enemies to become Nikonaholics. After critical mass is attained, who will there be to criticize?

Nice to see another Nikonaholic arround! I feel you:clap:

I show people how to make cameras, then they show people, who show people, and not only are there more cameras in the world, there are more people using them. It's a viral disease.

Way to spread it arround.

Hello. My name is XXXX. I'm a photoholic. I have the tendancy to fondle my gear nightly whether I intend to light up or not.

I don't wanna to quit.
I ain't gonna to quit.
Give me some more.
Don't Bogart that camera my friend, pass it over to me.

Hello XXXX... You fondle you gear eh? Is it nice and clean then?

My name is Parker, I am a Pentaxaholic. I spend most my money on Pentax gear, mostly ancient. I have an inability to manually focus quickly, but that does not stop me from buying old gear, because of it's great optical quality.
I know I can quit anytime I want.
I once spent 6 hours trying to take pictures while on acid, in the dark, do not try this at home.
I work a part time job I hate at a fast food joint to afford camera equipment. I've applied at every camera store in the city, despite most being over an hour bus-ride away, but have yet to receive a call from any, despite being very knowledgeable about cameras and related equipment.
I'm having trouble buying a P&S camera, because the Pentax ones do not appeal to me, and buying C*non feels like a sin.

I work hard to feed my addiction ( target....Bleh )! I was hired at a wolf camera store, and then fired about 5 minutes later because the didnt look at my application and notice that i was 17... Also you should buy a Nikon... It will liberate you!

I have much more invested in my cameras than my primary car...

I am about 4 months from surpassing the value of both my primary car AND my convertible 2 seater toy car....

I sometimes spend just as much of photo-consumables as my grocery bill....

I don't state a single brand.. I list Leica, Canon, Pentax, Minolta, and on occasion Polaroid... when asked what I shoot with.

I have a bag full of undeveloped, exposed film...

I have several gigs with of digital photos I haven't even looked at yet...

I sometimes cycle the shutter on some of my older cameras to hear and feel workmanship....

I rarely leave the house without a camera....

I flip camera equipment to make a few $$ on the side to feed my habit....

I passed up a chance to buy a early 90s Porsche to buy yet another camera....

I get pissed off when my job requires me to go into the office and miss 2nd Sunday camera swap....

Am I qualified enough to join?

YES!!! definitely! My car cost me around 3 thousand... my camera equipment is currently hovering around 5 thousand. The only deviation i have made from the Nikon line was a little P&S kodak that i got for 80 bucks.

I would totally say that usayit is qualified to be in our photoholics anonomous club..lmao!

Hey Scott, I always believe you got to start them early... My kids (6 and 3) are already addicted...
Now... I'm screwed!!! LOL

My grand daughter is hooked. And I didn't spoil her and buy or give her a camera either. She had to work and come up with the cash to buy it from me. And she learned a few things;

She could have bought a new one for half as much as she paid for my old one.

Don't buy broken equipment.

Papa's a photoholic.

Phew! I was going to say...

Yes, the younger they are, the easier it is to get em' hooked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back