Hello there.

Nat.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
But isn't the introductory post the most difficult?

Let's see, my dad used to have (actually still has, though it's recently fallen into my possession) a 90s' Canon film camera which he used to let me use on occasion. Anyway, that made me want a fancy camera with buttons and knobs and flashing lights and things, so two or three years ago I bought me a Nikon D3000, which had enough buttons and knobs and flashing lights and things to keep me entertained for a long time and had me taking photographs of pretty much everything that moved and a lot of things which didn't.

But I didn't get into photography seriously until about a year ago now, when my girlfriend - who used to study photography and was jealous of my camera with buttons and knobs and flashing lights and things - and I raided several pawn shops looking for old film SLRs - she came away with a fully functional Canon AE-1, and I a Minolta SRT-201 with a broken lightmeter (very sturdy, though. I suspect you could build bomb shelters out of them).

So from there, things sort of spiralled out of control and we (that being my girlfriend and I) are now in possession of about 20-30 cameras (not as much a drain on the wallet as you would imagine. She works in a camera shop and people trade in old cameras there with suprising frequency), and a nearby Half-Price Books (oh yes, I should mention: I spend my summers in Houston, TX) feeds my habit for old photography manuals (new ones are expensive).

However, there's only so much you can take away from books until you need feedback from other, real (you know, instead of fake) people. So here I am.

tl;dr - Hi, I'm new. How's it going?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back