Hello TPF'ers

sierrareef

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. I've always enjoyed taking photos and decided to jump all the way in so I purchased a Nikon D-80. It's way more camera than I'm capable of handling, but I don't want it always to be that way, so here I am. I've learned so much about my other hobby, reef aquariums, from the Reef Central forum, that I thought I could do the same here.

I'm a slow learner with no technical photograpy knowledge, and I fail if things go too fast and I don't get a chance to understand why pushing this or that button works or doesn't work.

So, I want to learn how to use my camera from the ground up...and I want to learn how to manipulate my photos with a Photoshop type program.

I'm not computer savvy - is TPF the right place to begin my lphotography journey?

Hi, and welcome to TPF. Yes, I think you'll find a wealth of information here. And if you post questions, we have many very knowledgeable members who will help you out.

Thanks for the welcome. Which forum topis is the best one to go to, especially for learning the basics of the Nikon D-80, and the basics of photography?

Hmmm, probably The Beginners Place, or Digital Discussion QnA, from the descriptions of those forums. And don't forget about the 'search' function (task bar near the top of your screen) to see if someone else has already asked a question that you might find helpful

Hello and Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to start your Journey into photography.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back