What's new

Hell's Gate

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
10,417
Reaction score
9
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this thinking of the following;

When I first moved to the desert I remember my Mother-in-law calling and wanting to see where this god-forsaken place was that I dragged her daughter to. So I gave her directions ...

"Drive along for a long, long time and you'll see a sign that says 'firewood.' Go down the road another 10 miles and you'll see a sign that says, 'water.' Drive along for another 10 miles or so and if you see a sign that says, 'Welcome to Hell!', you've passed the place, go back 30 feet and drive through the gate. We're 20 miles from the nearest wood, 10 miles from the nearest water, and 30 feet from Hell. You'll hear your daughter crying. Bring a casserole."

429-5x7-j1753.jpg


We actually lived in the ~citified~ part of the desert and my Mother-in-law and I got along very well, and she brought a casserole.
 
Your story cracked me up! The photo is beautiful. I love the color.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom