Help appreciated!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by pinkfaeriekiss, Feb 2, 2012.

1. pinkfaeriekiss

pinkfaeriekiss TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

I understand that I am not professional or even that good yet; however, I have been reading and researching all aspects of photography. I am very interested in learning! I have printed, read, and referenced them repeatedly. I am now looking for tips, opinions and help. I would appreciate feedback! Thank you!

2. CowgirlMama

CowgirlMama No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I think it's a beautiful picture. It's focused well. It might be good to expose it slightly more, but I think it looks pretty good as is, too. :)

3. SCraig

SCraig Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The difference between a "Good" shot and a "Great" shot is frequently in attention to details. Exposure, composition, everything. Look at the foreground, look at the background, look at the subject. Look at everything.

I can't decide whether this one is sepia toned or just washed out color. I like the depth of field but it is cropped too tightly and makes the dog look cramped. Give him a little room to breathe. And speaking of breathing there is a bunch of hair right in front of his nose that once seen cannot be unseen.

4. pinkfaeriekiss

pinkfaeriekiss TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thank you for the input. It was indeed sepia...and a quick vacuuming was necessary I noticed too, post photo of course :( Here is the original image
    [​IMG]