HELP: CF Card problem!!

matt-l

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have one 4gb Sandisk CF card. When i put it into the card reader, it comes up under a thin called New Volume (;F)...I have 2 other 2 gb cards but when i use them, it comes up under DCIM and i can't open the photos.

Is there something stupid im doing that i can't figure out??

DCIM is the name of the folder when the images are stored on the card (at least with my Canon cameras).

Can you not open that folder and see the image files?

Sounds to me like it needs to be formatted in the camera. If you don't have any images on it, put it in the camera (Which you should do each time you start shooting), format it, and then check it.

Mike- I can open the folder then it says "Canon 667" for example, open that and click on the link in it and it tells me i can not open the RAW files on my computer.

Tirediron..Tried that

You don't have the RAW file type (I assume it's .cr2) associated with a RAW converter like ZoomBrowser (Canon's converter, right?). Run ZoomBrowser and then open the files. - TF

Format a couple times, and see if it has that overwrite lock on.

You don't have the RAW file type (I assume it's .cr2) associated with a RAW converter like ZoomBrowser (Canon's converter, right?). Run ZoomBrowser and then open the files. - TF

Dont work, tried that.

Format a couple times, and see if it has that overwrite lock on.

I'll give this a go. Though i think it's just a folder problem.

It opens in EOS_DIGITAL(F: ) then goes to DCIM then to the photos name and then tells me i can not open.

The 4gb card comes up as New Volume and gives me the option to download the photos to ZoomBrowser through CameraWindow-F\DCIM

Sounds like a corrupted card.

That happens from time to time (or so I hear, never had that happen to me yet), but one of the main reasons is if someone takes a photo and then turns off the camera before the photo was finished being written to the card.

Do NOT format the card, try a recovery software on it first, like the one that comes with most SANDISK cards. In the end if you cannot recover anything or if you do not have anything important on the card, yeah, THEN feel free to format it.

Formatting is a destructive process and though it doesn't really 100% destroy data on your card, it does make it that much harder to recover lost pics.

BTW, I keep meaning to ask... where on "The Rock" are you located? I've had the pleasure of going there MANY times in the past... it's the most beautiful part of Canada, as far as I am concerned, anyway. :)

Have not taken any shots worth anything on them, one is Brand new, first time in the camera... it has happened with the 4g but i can't remember what i done to get it to do the right thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back