Help edit pic please - (hair roots) HELP, PLEASE!

kwhit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an engagement pic I have taken, and I'm in need of some help. She wants this one printed, but her roots need some help. Can someone help me blend her longer hair color up into her roots? Can anyone please help me fix this problem? Is this problem able to be fixed?

I can email you the pic if someone can help me. I would appreciate any help. Here's the link: http://www.authenticsound.net/KW
Thank you!
Kwhit

It is able to be fixed but it is going to take quite a long time to fix it. If it is real important to her that you fix it, I would tell her it is going to cost extra because of intricate area it is.

1358226972_09d1b6c8fa_o.jpg

Is this what you're looking for?

It's really easy, and not time consuming at all.

First you duplicate the background layer, set the brush tool to overlay, and sample color from lighter areas of her hair, and start painting over the hair roots. I set the opacity to 20%, but you could experiment. Then I change the brush blending mode to color, and paint lightly over the hair roots again. And that's it.

Yeah...but why not take out that spot on her nose while you're at it. BTW, really nice shot.

yepper thats easy to fix and while you are at it fix the unibrow, the opps i accidently shaved to much on the right side of my head prob, and the nose prob too.

did she say she wanted the roots touched up??

Im only asking because I would think that if she didnt want her roots looking like that, she maybe should have dyed them. I mean after all it's not like these are just random snapshots.

1358226972_09d1b6c8fa_o.jpg

Is this what you're looking for?

It's really easy, and not time consuming at all.

First you duplicate the background layer, set the brush tool to overlay, and sample color from lighter areas of her hair, and start painting over the hair roots. I set the opacity to 20%, but you could experiment. Then I change the brush blending mode to color, and paint lightly over the hair roots again. And that's it.

I was going to do the same thing in Capture NX... at least as quick, same result but you do it slightly differently... but most folks don't have NX but do have photoshop so I will just hush :)

Wildmaven: thank you for the finger input, I noticed that after looking @ the pic....of course that was "after-the-fact" - bummer!

Sabbath999: thank you for your input, I appreciate it. I have photoshop elements and still not too good at using it yet...obviously I guess. I'm learning more and more all the time. It would just be easier if they'd have their hair fixed right in the first place. That's OK though....live, experience, learn!

You could easily mask the fingertips in PS Elements and "shadow" them so they don't show up nearly as much... that would still look natural, but they would be less distracting.

So much for a Kodak moment...Does the story change if you edit the photo?
:soapbox::er:

have a good one
3Eo

Most reactions

Back