Help, Exif viewer for MAC Snow Leopard

Bad Andy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I updated to MAC OS X 10.6 yesterday, and the EXIF viewer that I was using stopped working. Anyone have a simple one that works on the new software?

-Andy

thats why I am waiting at least 6 months before I upgrade to SL.. because a LOT of things aren't going to work with it yet.. for it, its because all my recording gear wont work (and i know this because I have the pre-release of SL, and none of it worked)

if your an end user, you should usually wait about 6 months before you get new releases of things.. wait for all the bugs to get worked out, and wait for developers to create the drivers and apps to work with it..

So far I am happy that Aperture, Topaz effects, Photomatix, and Photoshop Elements all seem to work ok for now. Aperture appears to run much faster too.

-Andy

thats why I am waiting at least 6 months before I upgrade to SL.. because a LOT of things aren't going to work with it yet.. for it, its because all my recording gear wont work (and i know this because I have the pre-release of SL, and none of it worked)

if your an end user, you should usually wait about 6 months before you get new releases of things.. wait for all the bugs to get worked out, and wait for developers to create the drivers and apps to work with it..

I wouldn't necessarily say 6 months, but I plan on waiting until at least 10.6.1 and for the flurry of developer .x upgrades over the next few weeks on their own software.

I'm basicly waiting until Line 6 creates drivers... I do a LOT of recording, and need my audio interface to work. and last time i tried, it didnt work on SL

Does EXIF Viewer not work? And yes, that is the name of the app.

Yes, I have EXIF Viewer, and you use to be able to just drag and drop a picture onto it, and it would open up the EXIF data. Now it doesn't due anything. You can save a picture, then open it up from the file menu, but can no longer "drag and drop".

That's odd. Apple must've changed something with Cocoa. Damn.

Ah well, no SL for me for now.

Yes, I have EXIF Viewer, and you use to be able to just drag and drop a picture onto it, and it would open up the EXIF data. Now it doesn't due anything. You can save a picture, then open it up from the file menu, but can no longer "drag and drop".
EXIF Viewer works just fine on my SL machine.

just get the firefox plugin for exif.. no need to drag photos into an app.. just right click the photo, and click "show exif"

I haven't received my Snow Leopard yet, but in Leopard you see Exif data and more via Preview's Get Info (⌘I). Finder Get Info also has some limited Exif data.
Keyboard shortcuts from Finder when you have an image selected, assuming your default image viewer is Preview are ⌘O ⌘I.

I haven't received my Snow Leopard yet, but in Leopard you see Exif data and more via Preview's Get Info (⌘I). Finder Get Info also has some limited Exif data.
Keyboard shortcuts from Finder when you have an image selected, assuming your default image viewer is Preview are ⌘O ⌘I.

Not all of it though. ;)

Can you not use preview? I mean it isn't anything super fancy but you can view the exif info with it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back