help getting photos bright

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It finally stopped raining today and I took my camera outside to take pics of my daughter. They came out kind of dreary looking....pretty much how it looked like outside. Is there a way to have them look more cheery and sunny...I hope to try again tomorrow.

ab220fa5.jpg

There is absolutely no substitute in Photography for great light, Find it! (or make it)

Well you have a cute kid so she should make everyday "Bright"

the exposure looks fine, almost some blowout on her jacket but not really bloan out yet, Your shutter speed was good to stop her hair in motion It's just flat boring light that you get on dreay days.
You image is bright, it just has no depth...because of the day

Thanks Christina and Craig for the edits. I really like the way the photos you both edited look, and I got similar results when I tried to edit in ps but the blow out on her jacket really bothers me. Next time I think I will stay away from white clothes. I feel like its a neon light I just stare at :lol:.

Christina, did you just up the exposure? It seems nice and yellow/sunshiney :)

Thanks KMH for the advice. I can't afford to buy any lighting set ups anytime soon. Just trying to figure out how to take great photos with what I have available. Plus I don't really have time to set everything up every time I want to take photos.

Today, you could have used the camera's built-in flash to provide some fill and background separation.

6547306459_90c7e78011_b.jpg

learn how to get it right on camera and everything else will be easy.
anyway, i did an edit

just wait until a better day. Good weather is a photographers best friend.

Most reactions

Back