Help me pick a new camera-lens

RinaldiPhotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is what I am looking for in a camera:
1. Camera is for minor league Baseball games. I currently use a EOS Digital Rebel XS
300-600 mm zoom (400-500 is fine as well)
2. Camera is just for Day games.
3. I am looking for a cheaper camera base and a nicer lens. I would be fine buying another EOS Rebel and a nicer lens. A similar camera that is a nikon, dslr or cannon would be fine.
4. Max budget is around $800-$1100

What are some options for me. The 250mm lens I use works great and gets fairly crisp photos. I am just looking to get a little further for my tasting. I understand that by the lens I give quality for zoom but I am far from being professional and currently my only focus is on baseball.

Keep the Rebel you have now and save up a little more for a 100-400 4.5-5.6 IS. You can find that particular lens starting around $1200. The Rebel is plenty of camera for starting out for day time photos, most likely it's features are still beyond your skill set at this time so you don't need to drop $$ on a body.

Trying to get both a body and lens for the budget you have is unrealistic for what you are wanting to shoot.

Keep the Rebel you have now and save up a little more for a 100-400 4.5-5.6 IS. You can find that particular lens starting around $1200. The Rebel is plenty of camera for starting out for day time photos, most likely it's features are still beyond your skill set at this time so you don't need to drop $$ on a body.

Trying to get both a body and lens for the budget you have is unrealistic for what you are wanting to shoot.
I forgot to mention that my brother and I take photos. We are kind of looking to team up, 1 of us on the 3rd base side and 1 on the first base side.

Most reactions

Back