Help me pick a watermark :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I am bored and feel like my watermark needs a "re-do"... So here are 5 that I have come up with... I am not going to say which one I like the most because I don't want to bias anyone's opinion.

If you think none of them work, but thing I could combine different things from different ones, tell me :)

I was trying to come up with something that I would be able to move around... but it didn't quite work... So I am just going to stick with the somewhat transparent white bar with words in it :)

Let me know what you think :)

pickone.jpg

Now, I know there are some of you who hate watermarks... If you're one of those, there is no need to post and tell me I don't need one :) Thank you!

I feel that any of those would be good for letterhead, promotional materials, or business cards. They are just too complex for a watermark.

so the...

©2010 should be before the By Sarah Dillard thing?

John, here's an example of how they end up on photos...

4658677884_15afd7da49.jpg

Here's a more "dumbed down" one after some suggestions on another forum :)

pickone2.jpg

and another

pickone3.jpg

all done :)

Ignore this thread and let it die now :)

How did you make these? Did you record them as an action?

no idea how to record things as actions..

I just made new images, duplicated the background layer, kept the background copy, deleted the original background. Lowered the opacity to 60%, downloaded some free paint brushes into photoshop, put them on the background copy that is at the opacity of 60%... Then put the text in and... voila! Done :)

Then to put it on an image, you just open up the watermark file, and the image, drag the watermark onto the image... hit ctrl+t, move the watermark around, stretch it out, put it where you want it, size it, all that good stuff... and you have a watermarked image :) all done! lol

It's a lot easier than it sounds :) promise :)

Use a font that's sans serif. All the serifs are distracting and decrease readability while at the same time draw more attention to the water mark than the actual photo. I'd also stray away from having a semi-transparent background. It also detracts from the image and is somewhat overkill unless you're selling your work nationally and have a lot of name recognition.

Form of Notice for Visually Perceptible Copies
The notice for visually perceptible copies should contain all
the following three elements:

The symbol
© (the letter C in a circle), or the word“Copyright,” or the abbreviation “Copr.”; and

2 The year of first publication of the work. In the case of
compilations or derivative works incorporating previously
published material, the year date of first publication of
the compilation or derivative work is sufficient. The year
date may be omitted where a pictorial, graphic, or sculptural
work, with accompanying textual matter, if any, is
reproduced in or on greeting cards, postcards, stationery,
jewelry, dolls, toys, or any useful article; and

3 The name of the owner of copyright in the work, or an
abbreviation by which the name can be recognized, or a
generally known alternative designation of the owner.

Example:

© 2008 John Doe

or © 2010 Sarah Dillard

Might be better to use just your name unless you have legally registered a company name. I find watermarks to be hugely distracting and unless your selling it nationally, your name is much simpler and classic. Plus make it small so not to distract from the picture.​

Most reactions

Back