Help Me Pick

I like the first one. I would crop it a bit tighter. Best wishes for your son.

Thanks I like the first one also, because of her hands. Thought about that but any closer on the left and I lose the 5th Combat Engineer Patch, and on the right I lose the brass.

Yes but the child is the focus of the image.

I like elements from both. From the 1st the look on the eyes is amazing, but I do agree that seeing more of the face in the second one is great.

Yes but the child is the focus of the image

Not necessarily, she is a part of a bigger picture. The flag represents her father's love of country, the dress jacket a stand in for her father, and the hands clasped in prayer for his recovery. I was careful to get the DOF right on this. The chair is turned at a slight angle so that the patch and the eyes are closer to the same plane as she is sitting sideways on the chair. It also increases the effect of the jacket fading into the black.

Reading your explanation, I understand the reason to like the first one, but I prefer the second for the reasons mentioned, you see the name plate and more of the child's face. Either or Both would look very nice printed and displayed on the wall. (For thought, if you have a third, you could make a triptych out of them.)

Reading your explanation, I understand the reason to like the first one, but I prefer the second for the reasons mentioned, you see the name plate and more of the child's face. Either or Both would look very nice printed and displayed on the wall. (For thought, if you have a third, you could make a triptych out of them.)

Thanks Ron, appreciate the comments, and agree. Son has already claimed both, so I don't have to choose. The third is yet to be decided, he's still thinking!

Sounds good and she is a very good motivator for him to get better. She's a doll and as the song goes, "I don't want to miss a thing."

Prayers for total and quick healing.

Yes but the child is the focus of the image

Not necessarily, she is a part of a bigger picture. The flag represents her father's love of country, the dress jacket a stand in for her father, and the hands clasped in prayer for his recovery. I was careful to get the DOF right on this. The chair is turned at a slight angle so that the patch and the eyes are closer to the same plane as she is sitting sideways on the chair. It also increases the effect of the jacket fading into the black.

What you prefer is what matters. My preferences are just mine.

. My preferences are just mine.

Never hurts to have another set of eyes, and a fresh perspective. Thank you for taking the time to look and comment.

I like the first one.

Best wishes for your family.

Most reactions

Back