Help Me Pick

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was inspired by @tirediron and his work with Vets. I wanted to do something special for my son, as health issues continue to keep him apart from his daughter. Still have some final edits to do but before I go further, I'd like some feedback on these, before I proceed.
no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
I wish the flag was not in front of the child's face. Just to one side might be better.

I prefer the second shot, for the full view of the name tag and for the better view of the child's face and expression.

I wish the flag was not in front of the child's face. Just to one side might be better.

There was no controlling the flag, and that was the only way to keep "hands" still. LOL

I prefer the second shot, for the full view of the name tag and for the better view of the child's face and expression.

I agree with everything you said, the look melted my heart, but the hands in the first one (almost like they were clasped in prayer), the eyes up slightly. I'm having a really tough time picking a favorite. Son might get both of them printed.

Those are nice. I pray for your son's challenges and his recovery swift.

Second Derrel's take on it.

Joe

I REALLY like the second one. While IMO, not quite as strong as "Pre 4th Cuteness", this is an image that I would be proud to say I'd crafted! I'm sure that your son and his family will cherish this. Well done!

I REALLY like the second one. While IMO, not quite as strong as "Pre 4th Cuteness", this is an image that I would be proud to say I'd crafted! I'm sure that your son and his family will cherish this. Well done!

Wow, thanks John that means a lot coming from you. Though I still have a long way to go, I was trying emulate the style of your Veteran portraits. I went back and researched some earlier comments you made on your setups, then worked with what I had, to accomplish my interpretation of your work. Hope you don't mind.

I echo JC, God Bless your son. I know your son is experiencing severe PTSD and #1 speaks to that. It is his service to his country which has contributed to him not spending the time he desires with his daughter.

Thank your son from us for his service.

Last edited:
I echo JC, God Bless your son. I know your son is experiencing severe PTDS and #1 speaks to that. It is his service to his country which has contributed to him not spending the time he desires with his daughter.

Thank your son from us for his service.

Thank you. I make it a point to pass along all well wishes. The PTSD by itself is debilitating but the problems brought on by the TBI seem to be getting worse. It's hard to explain, his cognitive abilities, have declined., but there is a highly intelligent person inside. As the doctors have told us he is self aware, which also adds to his frustration.My heart continues to break as I meet more and more men and women who suffer from their injuries, many times in silence. Unlike the external, physical injuries of war, that eventually heal, their seemingly normal exterior, hides the the true damage that rages within, and replays daily, till they can't tell the difference between reality and imagination.

Though she is to young to really know what's going on, to me #1 really brought it hone, as to how we all feel.

I like the first one. I would crop it a bit tighter. Best wishes for your son.

I like the first one. I would crop it a bit tighter. Best wishes for your son.

Thanks I like the first one also, because of her hands. Thought about that but any closer on the left and I lose the 5th Combat Engineer Patch, and on the right I lose the brass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back