Help On Uploading Images To Flickr With LR & Sharing On TPF

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know how to upload an image to Flickr via LR, but I can't figure out how to keep all the images from being available on my Photostream for viewing if I insert the BBCode in my TPF post.
  1. Do I need to create a "set" to just show only those images I want seen???
  2. Is there a security setting I need to change??

By default you photos you put up in flickr is view-able by the public unless you specify that it only Private, family, friends or family and friends. If you specify other than public then you will not be able to post them in TPF. So the ones you don't want viewed set them to Private viewing.

By default you photos you put up in flickr is view-able by the public unless you specify that it only Private, family, friends or family and friends. If you specify other than public then you will not be able to post them in TPF. So the ones you don't want viewed set them to Private viewing.

So do you change the settings to private on all except the one you want linked??? Doesn't that mess up all the previous posts with that link???

Would creating sets work better???

one way ... When you import them into Flickr you can put them into Albums and set the Album security.

So do you change the settings to private on all except the one you want linked??? Doesn't that mess up all the previous posts with that link???

Would creating sets work better???

Maybe I am not understanding exactly what you want. When you post the bbcode to your photo in TPF only that photo should show in your post. If you click on the photo it should bring you to your flickr page with that photo. From there anybody can click on photostream in the top left corner and it will bring them top your photostream to view all your photos.

I had the impression that you had photos on flickr that you did not want the public to view. That is why I mentioned t5hat photos you don't want people to view should be set private.

Are you saying when people click on your photo in the post it brings it directly to your photostream and not the specific photo?

Are you saying when people click on your photo in the post it brings it directly to your photostream and not the specific photo?

clicking on a photo in one of my TPF posts takes you to the photo in my Flickr photostream. From there they can click on the arrows to view "all" the photos in photostream. I want to limit that to only the linked photo. Does that make sense???

clicking on a photo in one of my TPF posts takes you to the photo in my Flickr photostream. From there they can click on the arrows to view "all" the photos in photostream. I want to limit that to only the linked photo. Does that make sense???

Can't do it. Once someone is directed to your flickr page they can then navigate through it unless the photos are set to private, then you would not be able to post them.

one way ... When you import them into Flickr you can put them into Albums and set the Album security.

Yes but that would necessitate an individual album for every photo, which would I suspect be the same with "sets"

Yes but that would necessitate an individual album for every photo, which would I suspect be the same with "sets"

Using ablums wont't help for what you want. There is no getting around it.

Most reactions

Back