What's new

Help Please all ideas considered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Bitter Jeweler pretty much nailed it. This room's increasing tendency to embrace mediocrity has at least contributed to the recent exodus of more serious photographers.

Um... this website is HUGE for a reason: there are MANY types and levels of photographers. You just happen to be responding to a post in the Beginners forum... when I look in here I don't expect to see masterpeices, I expect to see "mediocrity" and hope that the "serious" photographers" like yourself will embrace me and help me to get better. If you would rather view, critique, and discuss better works of art, its kinda obvious you're probably not going to find that in a beginner's thread...

with all due respect, your statement came across as EXTREMELY high and mighty and quite frankly i'm not sure if beginners want such arrogant feedback who view our efforts as silly, tasteless, and uncreative. We all gotta start somewhere... we just need to make sure we don't end up on our golden pedestal looking down on others...
 
I agree with that^
but there are factors being overlooked.
 
I just created a post adressing it all, from the begining, and then said, bahhh. Screw it.
 
And Bitter Jeweler pretty much nailed it. This room's increasing tendency to embrace mediocrity has at least contributed to the recent exodus of more serious photographers.

Um... this website is HUGE for a reason: there are MANY types and levels of photographers. You just happen to be responding to a post in the Beginners forum... when I look in here I don't expect to see masterpeices, I expect to see "mediocrity" and hope that the "serious" photographers" like yourself will embrace me and help me to get better. If you would rather view, critique, and discuss better works of art, its kinda obvious you're probably not going to find that in a beginner's thread...

with all due respect, your statement came across as EXTREMELY high and mighty and quite frankly i'm not sure if beginners want such arrogant feedback who view our efforts as silly, tasteless, and uncreative. We all gotta start somewhere... we just need to make sure we don't end up on our golden pedestal looking down on others...

Congratulations on completely missing the point.

It had nothing to do with the quality of the photographs. This IS a beginners' forum and one would expect to find beginners' work. Rather it was about the quality (and intellectual honesty) of the critiques.
 
Congratulations on completely missing the point.

It had nothing to do with the quality of the photographs. This IS a beginners' forum and one would expect to find beginners' work. Rather it was about the quality (and intellectual honesty) of the critiques.

Ding!
 
And if you haven't noticed, many of the forum's more experienced and prolific critics have left for greener pastures while the newbies proliferate. As that ratio diminishes so does the signal to noise ratio. See the big picture.
 
I think the only thing that peeves me about this, and this is just from what I've seen, but a couple of you guys give this kid "critique" that lasts a sentence or two maximum. And mostly its just, "Its no good" type critique. Maybe explain why, and everyone can learn.
Hear me out on this one though, I obviously can't catch every single thread on this board nor do I intend to but if you have made such effort to really explain your critiques to the OP than more power to you and I'm sorry I didn't catch. This is strictly a matter of how I see it.

That is all.
 
Jackie,
I was just thinking about that today. I have several other hobbies where I can't imagine anyone would be so negitive and critical to anyone just starting out. The high and mighty attitude was right on.
I try to treat everyone with respect, and the way I want to be treated. You just never know how you will impact the people you come across. To me I see the op as a child. (no offense) I would never talk to my child or anyone else s child in the manner Ive witnessed here. I am not sure why the MOD's have not put a stop to it, but that is their agenda not mine.
My untrained eyes still see the beauty in photographs without picking them apart for technical correctness. I do not do a lot of critiques do to my inability to justly do so. I love to encourage others new as I am, to continue to try in spite of a few nasty folks on the forum. I am also patient and I am willing to take time to help someone when I can.
 
Hm, yeah I guess I should have rephrased that...

how about a "Politically Correct" Relationship?

Oh, so now it's politacally correct to be Heterosexual?
:waiting:

....is there even a way to win with you dude? You know what I am trying to say, and at this point I believe your just trying to be a jerk about it....

Maybe, just maybe, I am offended by what you said. Maybe I am gay, and I don't like being told what is "normal" or "politacally correct".
 
Oh, so now it's politacally correct to be Heterosexual?
:waiting:

....is there even a way to win with you dude? You know what I am trying to say, and at this point I believe your just trying to be a jerk about it....

Maybe, just maybe, I am offended by what you said. Maybe I am gay, and I don't like being told what is "normal" or "politacally correct".

No need to be offended. My sister is gay, so I clearly do not disagree with it. All I was saying was the message "Love not Hate" would be much stronger if it was portraying a relationship that some would indeed hate.
 
To me I see the op as a child. (no offense) I would never talk to my child or anyone else s child in the manner Ive witnessed here. I am not sure why the MOD's have not put a stop to it, but that is their agenda not mine.

My untrained eyes still see the beauty in photographs without picking them apart for technical correctness. I do not do a lot of critiques do to my inability to justly do so.

The OP may or may not be a child. He could be a 50 year old BBW for all I know or care. His age is not a factor as far as I'm concerned. I come to an adult forum to associate with adults. The forum obviously doesn't discriminate by age but if you want to hang out with the adults then big boy rules apply. If you are so concerned then petition the mods for a playground where you can save the world from bullies. Nothing personal but how about we leave the OP's claimed age out of it?
 
....is there even a way to win with you dude? You know what I am trying to say, and at this point I believe your just trying to be a jerk about it....

Maybe, just maybe, I am offended by what you said. Maybe I am gay, and I don't like being told what is "normal" or "politacally correct".

No need to be offended. My sister is gay, so I clearly do not disagree with it. All I was saying was the message "Love not Hate" would be much stronger if it was portraying a relationship that some would indeed hate.

That is not what you communicated. But now that you fleshed out your thoughts behind your post. I get it. :thumbup:
 
Maybe, just maybe, I am offended by what you said. Maybe I am gay, and I don't like being told what is "normal" or "politacally correct".

No need to be offended. My sister is gay, so I clearly do not disagree with it. All I was saying was the message "Love not Hate" would be much stronger if it was portraying a relationship that some would indeed hate.

That is not what you communicated. But now that you fleshed out your thoughts behind your post. I get it. :thumbup:

My fault really, shoulda been a little more clear with the thought behind it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom