Help Please all ideas considered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree. But that's ok, I don't see it as embracing mediocrity so much as teaching by encouraging, instead of just bashing. I will point out bad things, but I will point out good things too. I just try and be fair. That's all. Sorry if you don't agree with me!

I respectfully disagree. But that's ok, I don't see it as embracing mediocrity so much as teaching by encouraging, instead of just bashing. I will point out bad things, but I will point out good things too. I just try and be fair. That's all. Sorry if you don't agree with me!

I think everyone is just running out of patience with this kid. He keeps posting threads with his pictures over and over again without listening to the advice he is given.

Well I guess fortunately for him, I'm completely filled with patience. Kind of a bane to my existence sometimes! haha

Well I guess fortunately for him, I'm completely filled with patience. Kind of a bane to my existence sometimes! haha

Then perhaps you can mentor him by PM and spare the rest of us. :thumbup:

No offense but last time I checked everyone here controls the mouse under your hand. If you don't want to see his threads or pictures don't click on the thread. It's seems like your just going into threads looking for stuff to bash people on.

Have my friends cause they are deeply in love huging in one photo and then another pushing each other away. A message saying love not hate?

This only makes sense if they are gay/lesbian....

What? Are you just assuming that they are friends with a specific gender? That's kind of silly.

Anyways, OP. I agree, you got blasted with the hate train in this thread. But you really should try and come up with your own ideas. I think other people have mentioned that in a harsher tone. But creativity isn't creativity if you aren't the one deciding what to shoot.

Have my friends cause they are deeply in love huging in one photo and then another pushing each other away. A message saying love not hate?

This only makes sense if they are gay/lesbian....

What? Are you just assuming that they are friends with a specific gender? That's kind of silly.

Im saying if it was a normal relationship, IE man and woman, the whole Love Not Hate thing really doesnt make sense....

New To Photos:

There is NOTHING wrong with asking for help when it comes to composition. you're new and here to learn... and i'm not sure what is so different about coming here to get some ideas rather than browsing magazines, blogs, books, and flick to get inspiration? It's always Murphey's Law right? When you have something due you have like a creative block but when you've got all the time in the world you get all these ideas? Lets try and be supportive and give him some ideas!

I like where you were going with that "wasting food" thing, especially if you want to show something controversial... however I don't think the rotting crop expressed it... sometimes fruit just goes bad quickly due to insects and environment and has nothing to do with humans wasting. What would be interesting is to maybe go and take pictures behind a dumpster (make sure you take it annonymously... don't get a store's logo on it or anything) and get a shot of how much is wasted... or even just a trashcan on the street... (i've worked in food industry before and its a CRIME how much perfectly good food is thrown out at the end of the night). If you are looking to capture controversy, its a good idea to get some inspiration from the news... because then you will really get a feel of what is going on and why it matters and then you might get some ideas: Global Food Crisis (washingtonpost.com)

Your other ideas are good too, but it all depends on how you shoot it... its hard for us to be able to understand what you're envisioning because the inspiration is coming from you. Really the only thing to do with those is go out and try them... bring them back to the board and we can see how you did.

good luck!

I tried to help at first, then I tried helping again, today in fact because it looked like a glimer of hope that he was listening, then seconds later another rediculous post.

IDEA....
Have one thread that you can rant and ramble off all your questions, whoever wants to help can, and we will not be overrun with multiple posts by the same user every day there are new ones. LETS HAVE ONE BIG I'm New To Photos Thread just for him.

How ya like that kid?

agreed!! running out of patience? this is a chat/forum/blog site, everyone who is on here right now should have all the patience in the world, it's obvious that when you get on TPF and any other networking site there is nothing better to do or anything else going on, so you get on to chat about things... lol, I come on here to unwind at the end of a hectic day and see what people have posted and ask some things of other members that have been on my mind wrt photography... there isn't possibly any energy left in me that could run my patience thin... lol! this is relax time for me! lol

And I agree with what another poster mentioned... if I think a post is boring, useless, or the OP is just trolling... i don't respond. It's not worth what little bit of free time I do get at the end of the day to bash on stupid stuff when I could be reading and responding to something that interests me and will help someone else out.

I'm just trying to be nice to everyone and give them the benefit of the doubt
:hugs:

I'm not going to say you guys didn't try to help. I've read enough to see that some effort was put into helping. But do you guys really need to bash the kid in this way? Try to remember that he is just a kid. Either way if you are really that tired of trying to help just use that ignore button you were going to use and be done with his posts. It's a very simple concept.
To the OP I have to say just what some other people have. You shouldn't be asking what to photograph. It should be more like, I have an idea can anyone help me figure out how I should compose or light it. Just remember you should shoot to express not to impress.

If I have bashed, I apologize, I do not believe I have, I might have given some truthful critisim but thats about it, and if he asks for C&C thats what he will get.

I will say congrats on getting this much attention, your evil plan has worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back