Help with a Panoramic in Adobe Photoshop

bmwardo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,
I am a beginner in every aspect of photography and Photoshop 7.0.
Here is what I am struggling with: While in Tahiti I was messing around with my Coolpix 3200 and the panorama assist mode. In Photoshop I have been able to line up the layers from all 8 photos and I started blending the edges together using the clone stamp tool and it was going really well. I have no idea what settings I messed with but for whatever reason the clone stamp tool will not work any longer. I use the Alt+click to designate the clone area and then attempt to apply it to another area and nothing happens.
Any ideas? Thanks!

-Brandon

I think your on the wrong layer, for the clone stamp to work you must make the layer active, in the layers pallette click the layer you wish to work on to activate then go back to the clone tool, you won't be able to clone from one layer to another till you merge the layers or flatten image, hope this helps. H

Thanks! That was it, I had to flatten the image.
Cheers,
Brandon

Very interesting, I will have to give it a try, unfortunately it won't quite work in this situation but thanks!
Brandon

You don't have to flatten the image. The clone stamp tool has an option called "sample all layers". You can find it in the settings for the clone tool. But then if you have, let's say, a curves layer on top of everything, it will be cloned also, so you will have to turn that layer off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back