Help with processing RAW images in photoshop!

Nick09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My olympus shoots RAW in something called .ORF format. However, Photoshop does not support .ORF format. Is there anything I can do to still edit my images in RAW form in Photoshop?

You need to download the CameraRAW plugin from Adobe's website for your version of Photoshop

Photoshop, itself, does not support any RAW format. Its RAW support is provided by a plugin called Camera RAW (ACR, Adobe Camera Raw).

Every camera has a different flavor of RAW. Even when the extensions are the same, the data may be different. Every time a new camera is introduced any software that supports RAW has to be updated to support that camera. This is why Adobe chose to provide support through an easily updated plugin.

You need to download the newest version of ACR that your version of Photoshop supports. If you are using an older version of Photoshop, the newest ACR that is compatible may not be new enough to support your camera. If this is the case you either need to update your PS to the newest or download the newest version of Adobe's free utility "DNG Converter". Using this, you can convert your camera specific RAW files into Adobe's universal RAW flavor, DNG. Any PS since PS/CS with ACR v2.2 supports DNG.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back