HELP

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 28-135mm lens has dust inside it. Not where i can reach but i can see it. If i zoom in on images and it when i look into the lens from the front i can see it and its making me nuts! How in the world did this happen, and how in the world do i get it out??!!???!?!?!?

Many lenses get dust inside them. It can be cleaned out by taking the lens apart but that should only be done by someone who can put it back together properly. (probably not you or me).

Here's the thing...dust in or on the lens will very rarely appear in your images. It will be so far out of focus that it just doesn't show up. If you are seeing 'dust spots' in your images, it is very likely that it's from dust on your sensor and not on the lens.

Cleaning the sensor is a fact of life for DSLR users. Search the forum or Google for products and methods for cleaning the sensor.

Is this the Canon 28-135?

I haven't used mine in a while, but I remember the barrel actually extending and then going back in. I'm guessing, dust can get sucked in during this process.

you're somewhere in GA. Close to Atlanta? If so ... call CRJ (Camera Repair Japan). Factory authorized repair for all major brand. They're actually located in Duluth, on the east side.

Yes, you really need a pro to do this! And these guys are the best!

I have that lens and actually had to send it in to Canon for repairs. It's a cheap, inefficient lens and I'm sorry I bought it. But at least Canon repaired it, altho since I've gotten it back, I haven't used it at all. I rely on my Canon 60mm prime. That one is a SUPER lens!

Most reactions

Back