HELP!!!!!

sdesha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so one of my favorite Army Wives just got married with out her husband, with out him there...Its something you can only do when your military...haha..Well anyways they are holding a ceremony in February, and asked me to take her pictures...

anyways...I need some tips or a great web site with helpful info!

please and thank you

PS: I know im new at this but please dont make a rude remark, I know some ppl are on here to do that to newbies, you have to start somewhere...

:wink:

Be glad time is on your side and you have several months to learn and prepare! My first wedding was done with about 4 days notice! :p That said, you can learn a lot just by googling something like "beginning wedding photography". That's what I did, and I learned quite a bit. I don't personally have any specific advice for you, as I've only shot two weddings myself.

Be glad time is on your side and you have several months to learn and prepare! My first wedding was done with about 4 days notice! :p That said, you can learn a lot just by googling something like "beginning wedding photography". That's what I did, and I learned quite a bit. I don't personally have any specific advice for you, as I've only shot two weddings myself.

Awsome! I will do that! She is using good colors...I just need to pracitce on the color WHITE! and I need to practice taking pictures in dim light...the string lights...

Do you think 2-3 hours b4 the wedding is enough time to take picutures? shes getting married at sunset...so i were doing all pictures b4 hand...

Yeah, white is hard! If you are shooting in such low light, try to get either a decent diffused flash (or even better, 2 or 3 diffused flashes with remote triggers!) or a nice fast lens!

As far as 2-3 hours, if you just mean for all the formal group shots, etc, then I'd say yes, that should be plenty.

practice every goddamn second

*seconds what Alpha said* That is a good point. Weddings are (hopefully) a one time thing, so you want to do them justice.

Yeah, white is hard! If you are shooting in such low light, try to get either a decent diffused flash (or even better, 2 or 3 diffused flashes with remote triggers!) or a nice fast lens!

As far as 2-3 hours, if you just mean for all the formal group shots, etc, then I'd say yes, that should be plenty.

Thank you! I am reading up right now on my google! gotta love it! haha...It is telling me extra camera...that I will have once I get my new camera! hehe...I just need a flash, a new tripod, and another memory card, I have several of those but am going to get a new one...lol

Last time when I was at a book store, I saw a few of books that talk about wedding photography. So you may want to check them out.

Don't forget there is a "Hot tips for WEDDING photography" in this forum.

see if you can hang out with a local wedding photog-even if its running and getting coffee, batteries and holding lights-it will all be of use, seeing how they operate.

Goodluck!

Awsome! I will do that! She is using good colors...I just need to pracitce on the color WHITE! and I need to practice taking pictures in dim light...the string lights...

Do you think 2-3 hours b4 the wedding is enough time to take picutures? shes getting married at sunset...so i were doing all pictures b4 hand...

dont gforget to swap out your cards before they are full so you can get a selection of photo on each card, so if one fails you still have all parts of the day on another card

Don't forget the extra battery... or two! If you can find a helper, that would be to your advantage.

I am looking on BB&H and have no clue what a decent diffused flash it...theres the cheap ones and then real pricey ones...any one have a clue of what a good one would be?

If you're on a tight budget like me, I would get these. My future purchases:

21499833e7a0c7c228771110.L.jpg

Speedlite 430 EX + diffuser for $243; no shipping no tax charges from Amazon.com
Perfect for your XTi :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back