Help?!

existence02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got out my camera to play around with a couple of new techniques that I read about. The shots all have this horrible black line going diagonally from the top center of the frame to the lower left corner.

Looking at it on the LCD I thought it may have been a hair or something on the lens. I cleaned the lens and it was still there. I took the lens off and checked it for scratches and didn't find anything. I looked at the mirror and didn't see any marks. I switched out the battery and the SD card. I tried multiple different settings. Nothing made any difference. So clearly it had to be something with the sensor, right?

So I put the lens back on and took a shot of my solid white comforter and pulled it up in photoshop. Looks like something is seriously broken and the sensor could stand a good cleaning based on the spots. But, at least in the time that I've had the camera, it has never been dropped or hurt in any way. It's been in a Lowepro camera bag and taken out 3 times to shoot. The comforter picture is below. How screwed am I? I literally just bought this camera (used) exactly a week ago.

dsc0001afg.jpg

Did you check the sensor to see if there was something on it? Check the owner's manual to see how to clean the sensor, that will get the mirror out of the way and you can then inspect the sensor.

Did you check the sensor to see if there was something on it? Check the owner's manual to see how to clean the sensor, that will get the mirror out of the way and you can then inspect the sensor.

Thank you so much! I was so scared that something had happened and the sensor was busted.

I took your advice and checked the manual for how to clean the sensor and blew it out with some compressed air. Black line is gone and so are the dust spots. Thanks again!

Note : I was told that compressed air is not a good choice for cleaning the sensor because it can often leave behind a powder type film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back