What's new

Here is the whole reason why I got into Photography....

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
41
Location
in the eye of a tornado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got into photography because I wanted to take pictures of these guys... I got hailed on... These were not supercells at the time that I took them but the second one with the farm was developing very quickly... This storm was huge that spanned from a good 50 miles... There were at least 5 tornados spotted (none that I saw:grumpy: )

1.
438314897_6550900718_o.jpg

This was the first series of shots that I took and put together of it... I wish that I had a wider lens so bad... I just can't get far enough back with these.

2.
438334144_a0cc02ea39_o.jpg

This one is were I was getting hailed on... at 100% (which I'm sure you won't be able to see here) you can see the hail falling.


3.
438359850_5f6767336d_o.jpg

Last but not least... This was the area of cloud that was developing quite rapidly.
 
WHOA :shock:

That first photo ... those clouds ... I don't think I have ever seen anything like that!!! Such DRAMA. Incredible.

No wonder you felt like you would want to capture such sights for eternity.

And hey, you say you got hailed on when you took Photo 2?
The weather in that one (still) looks (relatively) harmless... I mean: the sun is still out!! Nothing to indicate that within minutes a supercell is going to develop! If weather can change that fast, innocent little Corinnas like myself might easily misjudge the signs and feel safe until it is too late!!! :shock:
 
Wow - great shots!

I'm with you brother... I'd love to be the next Warren Faidley someday. :thumbup:
 
DUDE!!!

#1 is incredible.
 
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Seriously.... amazing. #3 does it for me, I just wish it was BIGGER so I could see everything.

#1 is great too.

We get storms like that in Tampa as well, but they are not over that wonderful scenery. :thumbup:
 
I'm speechless................ the word awesome keeps coming to my head but it doesn't seem to do these pictures justice. #1 & #3. are simply astounding.:thumbup:
 
WHOA :shock:

That first photo ... those clouds ... I don't think I have ever seen anything like that!!! Such DRAMA. Incredible.

No wonder you felt like you would want to capture such sights for eternity.

And hey, you say you got hailed on when you took Photo 2?
The weather in that one (still) looks (relatively) harmless... I mean: the sun is still out!! Nothing to indicate that within minutes a supercell is going to develop! If weather can change that fast, innocent little Corinnas like myself might easily misjudge the signs and feel safe until it is too late!!! :shock:

Yes I was getting hailed on... about 1/2 inch (2 cm) diameter hail. If you looked behind me, you would see something close to the third picture (and I was right under it at that time). That was when I figured I should head back to un-hailing conditions :D.


drgibson said:
Wow #1 is spectacular! I have to wonder how it would have looked in HDR.

I would like to have a program that could do HDR.

RMThompson said:
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Seriously.... amazing. #3 does it for me, I just wish it was BIGGER so I could see everything.

#1 is great too.

We get storms like that in Tampa as well, but they are not over that wonderful scenery. :thumbup:
I'll see what I can do about the smallness. These (except the middle picture) were stitched together from multiple pictures because I don't have a wide lense :( and because of the massive size of this storm.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement!!! I'm glad you like them.
 
Incredible shots, especially the first. Nice job.
 
Whoa!!! All of these seriously rock!! The cloud action is phenomenal. They look like stills from the movie "Twister" or something. Great job!!!!!!!!
 
I'll see what I can do about the smallness. These (except the middle picture) were stitched together from multiple pictures because I don't have a wide lense :( and because of the massive size of this storm.
1 and 3 looks awesome despite the small size. good job stitching.
 
Thanks for all the comments... I'll be going on lunch here in a bit I'll see what I can do about getting a bigger picture for you all...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom