Hey from Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Boutch, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Boutch

Boutch TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi guys, I’m a beginner hobbyist from Australia.

My interest began when I started traveling a few years back, but until last week I’ve been shooting on a smartphone.

After a few recent walks I became annoyed with how little you can capture in a phone image (I know they’re quite good, but I was hitting that ceiling pretty hard).

After a bit of research I went out and grabbed a Sony A6000, as I wanted something small for day walks and overseas travel. At this point I only have the kit lens, with a Sigma 19mm f2.8 in the mail as I type. I desperately need a tripod (and recommendations from you guys for other must-haves).

I have been making myself learn (from scratch) in manual mode, with the help of Youtube. I have learned so much in such a little time, yet feel like I know 0.0003% of what I need to start taking really great shots. My goal is to be able to capture images (mainly landscapes and street/urban shots) worthy of printing and hanging on my wall.

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

Welcome to TPF, Boutch! Definitely lots to learn, and getting to interact with your fellow TPF 'ers is a great way to start. :)

Be sure to check out our Photo Galleries when you're ready to start posting some of your work. I look forward to seeing images from your beautiful country!