Classic Nutmeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
grayandivory.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well hello there!

I was google researching "what is the best darkroom enlarger" when I fell upon this forum. I'm so ecstatic to be here! I had no idea something like this existed, and really happy my search brought me here.
I'm currently trying to make my very first (and hopefully last) darkroom in the basement of my husband and I's new home. The previous owner was a photographer and had darkroom space in the basement, so my 18 year old self is freaking out that it's actually going to happen 20 years later. That new endeavor aside, I recently completed a 365 photo a day challenge on IG @grayandivory that really helped me to re-explore my love for photography (took some breaks through the years due to life stuff) and learn so much more about the art form. And a year later, I still feel like I'm scratching the surface - especially after finding a place like this!
As for style... I'm still wrestling with that. I find street or photojournalism to be the most interesting, but landscapes are fun to do too. And I'd love to start working with portraits as I get some time off work.
Anyway! That's a bit about me! Hopefully I'll get the courage to respond a lot in the threads!

Meg

Welcome to THE forum!

Welcome and congrats on the darkroom! I might be a bit envious ;) I can develop but not print. Be sure to check out our Photo Gallery threads and post some stuff!

Welcome. It's always exciting when you trip over a gem. 😊

Welcome to TPF, Meg! Very happy to have you join us!

I hope you check out the whole forum, but especially the Film Photography section with its Darkroom sub-forum. Did you find an enlarger you're interested in?

Welcome to THE forum!
Welcome and congrats on the darkroom! I might be a bit envious ;) I can develop but not print. Be sure to check out our Photo Gallery threads and post some stuff!
Howdy and welcome!
Hello Meg and welcome...
Welcome. It's always exciting when you trip over a gem. 😊
Welcome to TPF, Meg! Very happy to have you join us!

I hope you check out the whole forum, but especially the Film Photography section with its Darkroom sub-forum. Did you find an enlarger you're interested in?
Will do! That's what initially brought me in. And I haven't gotten an enlarger yet, but I'm on the look out for sure. :) Trying to get something local before going to ebay. :)
Hi and welcome!!

Thanks everyone!!

Well hello there!

I was google researching "what is the best darkroom enlarger" when I fell upon this forum. I'm so ecstatic to be here! I had no idea something like this existed, and really happy my search brought me here.
I'm currently trying to make my very first (and hopefully last) darkroom in the basement of my husband and I's new home. The previous owner was a photographer and had darkroom space in the basement, so my 18 year old self is freaking out that it's actually going to happen 20 years later. That new endeavor aside, I recently completed a 365 photo a day challenge on IG @grayandivory that really helped me to re-explore my love for photography (took some breaks through the years due to life stuff) and learn so much more about the art form. And a year later, I still feel like I'm scratching the surface - especially after finding a place like this!
As for style... I'm still wrestling with that. I find street or photojournalism to be the most interesting, but landscapes are fun to do too. And I'd love to start working with portraits as I get some time off work.
Anyway! That's a bit about me! Hopefully I'll get the courage to respond a lot in the threads!

Meg
Welcome to the forum! Don't be afraid to post shots or ask questions. If you want to start posting without getting criticism, post under "just for fun."

Well hello there!

Meg
Welcome! Lots of good stuff here on these pages,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back