Hi from the deep south, USA (Georgia)

donlwilliams

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just joined the forum. Not new to photography but have a lot of re-learning to do. I haven't been serious about it in years, mostly just taking "snapshots" to document places I visit. Every once in a while I would get a keeper though. I recently purchased a Nikon D7000 with a 50-300mm lens, and also bought the 18-70mm to go with it. Excited about learning the new camera. I like nature photography, especially birds. Looking forward to seeing everyone's images here and learning some new things.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Whereabouts in GA? I spent a lot of years just outside of Atlanta, and have a brother and nieces/nephew in Warner Robins.

Your story sounds much like mine. Loved photography back in film days, but it got set aside to raise a family. Two years ago, with both boys grown, I made the leap to a DSLR, found this forum, and off I went. TPF has been absolutely ESSENTIAL in any growth I've experienced as a photographer in the last two years--you will find lots of great advice here if you're willing to listen!

Bird photography has become my obsession--I'd LOVE to have some extended time down there in coastal Georgia to pursue it! Had a week at St. Simon's this summer, but it wasn't nearly enough!

Anyway--welcome to Hotel TPF!

Hello ,Welcome to the forum . I too live in Ga. (Griffin) originally from Miami ,Fla ,So I visit the sunshine state Quite often...........I like to shoot birds too . In many different ways ...:)))

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I am in Columbus, about 95 miles SSW of Atlanta, right on the state line. I can look across the Chattahoochee River and see my old home state of Alabama.

If you get the chance, spend some time at St. Marks Wildlife Refuge, on the west coast of Florida just south of Tallahassee. We try to camp in that area every January and always spend at least one day there. Lots of opportunity for birds and other wildlife.

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I am in Columbus, about 95 miles SSW of Atlanta, right on the state line. I can look across the Chattahoochee River and see my old home state of Alabama.

If you get the chance, spend some time at St. Marks Wildlife Refuge, on the west coast of Florida just south of Tallahassee. We try to camp in that area every January and always spend at least one day there. Lots of opportunity for birds and other wildlife.

I'm Headed to Tampa ,in the morning (Ft. Desoto ) but have never been to St.Marks . I will check it out for sure thanx. I live real close to High Falls and Indian Springs .( I-75 exit 205)

I think you will like St. Marks, although we have never visited in the summer. Have camped at High Falls and visited Indian Springs while in the area. Liked HF a lot and will probably go back. Going to Hard Labor SP in a week for a long, camping weekend. Hope to really put the new camera to use.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the party!!

I think you will like St. Marks, although we have never visited in the summer. Have camped at High Falls and visited Indian Springs while in the area. Liked HF a lot and will probably go back. Going to Hard Labor SP in a week for a long, camping weekend. Hope to really put the new camera to use.

I had a couple of days at Hard Labor SP once, back when I had a horse and a few of us carted our horses out there for a weekend of trail riding. Good times!! :) I lived in Georgia for many years and still miss it.

Welcome to TPF! Definitely hope to see you posting your pics from the trip to Hard Labor!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back